Apply for Funding
Companies must have an affiliation with the Jake Jabs Center or the University of Colorado Denver. Companies are considered eligible to apply if:
- An operating officer (CEO, CFO, COO or CTO) who owns at least 20% of the prospective company is a student or alumnus/alumna of the Jake Jabs Center or the University of Colorado Denver
- The company is a past or current Jake Jabs Center Incubator tenant
- The company is a past or current Jake Jabs Center for Entrepreneurship Business Plan Competition Top 6 finalist
How to apply for funding
The Fund managers utilize Business Catapult as the medium for vetting prospective companies.
- Please click here and watch the following two videos for entrepreneurs: “Creating a Benchmark Survey” and “Creating an Investment Summary.” These videos are designed to help you gain an understanding of the process for submitting a business plan via Business Catapult.
- In addition to the videos, click here to review a PowerPoint presentation entitled "Thinking like an Investor." These slides provide a guide to understand the level of detail fund managers require in order to evaluate a company's application.
- After watching the tutorials, create a new account with Business Catapult. Once you have an account, complete the Benchmark Survey and Investment Summary for automatic submittal to the Rutt Bridges Venture Capital Fund Group.
- The information will be reviewed by the management team and we will contact you for a follow-up discussion and feedback. If your company meets the award criteria and passes the initial review process it will be examined in greater detail to determine if funding will be granted.
All information submitted by prospective companies will be maintained as strictly confidential by the fund management team.