Our program fosters a close working relationship between faculty and doctoral students. We welcome cross-discipline collaboration to develop research projects that are more effective and relevant in today’s society.
- Business Value of Information Technology
- IT Governance and Strategy
- Business Intelligence
- Business Models
- Technology Adoption
Our faculty uses a variety of research methods including econometrics, statistics, empirical models using panel and time series, analytical models, ethnography, case studies, surveys, simulations, and experiments.
“The courses in the program are varied and cover traditional IS theories as well as recent developments in related knowledge and methodology. The school has progressive research synergy, and interdisciplinary work is highly encouraged. For instance, I am free to approach my research topic from the various perspectives of other disciplines such as marketing and economics.” Chuck Wu (’07), Assistant Professor, Yuan Ze University
Recent graduates in assistant professor positions
- Michael Erskin: Middle Tennessee State University, 2017
- Navid Aghakhani: University of Tennessee Chattanooga, 2017
- Bidyut Hazarika: Western Michigan University, 2016
- Yazan Alnsour: University of Illinois, Springfield, 2016
- Chris Sibona: University of North Carolina, Wilmington, 2014
- Jae Choi: University of Pennsylvania, Bloomsburg, 2015
- Mohammad Alsharo: Information Systems Department, Al Albayt University, Jordan, 2014
- Jehad Imlawi: Information Systems Department, Al Albayt University, 2014
- Toan Ong: University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, 2013
Legacy graduates in faculty positions
- Bish Ghosh, Metro State University, 2007
- Chuck Wu, College of Management, Yuan Ze University, Taiwan, 2007
- Andrea Hester, Southern Illinois University, 2009
- Joe Hasley, Metro State University, 2010
- Jon Brickey, Army Cyber Institute at West Point, 2010
Information Systems Dissertations
- “Consumer Evaluation of Digital Products: Empirical Studies in the Context of Mobile Applications,” Bidyut Hazarika, 2016, Jiban Khuntia (advisor).
- “Putting the social into social network sites: a knowledge sharing perspective,” Jae Hoon Choi; 2015, Judy Scott (advisor).
- “Online information seeking behavior: models of information source selection and information seeker satisfaction,” Li-ling Hsu; 2014, Zhiping Walter (advisor)
- “Online credit card bill payment and personality,” Gary L. Borkan; 2014, Steve Walczak (advisor).
- “Predicting social networking sites continuance intention: Should I stay or should I go?,” Christopher Sibona; 2014, Judy Scott (advisor).
- “Decision performance using spatial decision support systems: a geospatial reasoning ability perspective,” Michael A. Erskine; 2014, Dawn Gregg (advisor).
- “Product Reputation Manipulation: The Impact of Shill Reviews on Perceived Quality,” Ong, Toan; 2013, Michael Mannino (advisor).
- “Improving Student Engagement Using Course-Based Social Networks,” Imlawi, Jihad; 2013, Dawn Gregg (advisor).
- “Virtual Teams Effectiveness: The Role of Knowledge Sharing, Trust, and Collaboration,” Alsharo, Mohammed; 2013, Dawn Gregg (advisor).
- “The Effect of Software Features on Software Adoption and Training in the Audit Profession,” Kim, Hyo-Jeong; 2012, Michael Mannino (advisor).
- “System for persona ensemble clustering: a cluster ensemble approach to persona development,” Brickey, Jon; 2010, Steve Walczak (advisor).
- “Dynamic Interaction: A Measurement Development and Empirical Evaluation of Knowledge Systems and Web 2.0 Decision Support,” Beemer, Brandon; 2010, Dawn Gregg (advisor).
- “The effects of website information utility on the outcomes of User-Website Interactions,” Hasley, Joseph; 2010, Dawn Gregg (advisor).
- “Understanding the Relationship between Real and Artificial Deception,” Yang, Yanjuan; 2009, Michael Mannino (advisor).
- “Empirical Analysis of Hybrid Open Source Software Model: Determination of Efficiency and Governance,” Sidahmed, Mohamed; 2010, Jim Gerlach (advisor).
- “Analysis of Factors Influencing Adoption and Usage of Knowledge Management Systems And Investigation of Wiki Technology as an Innovative Alternative to Traditional Systems,” Hester, Andrea; 2009, Judy Scott (advisor).
- “The Role of Social Capital in IT-Enabled Knowledge Processes in Business Process Outsourcing,” Ghosh, Bish, 2007, Judy Scott (advisor).
- “An empirical analysis of open source software developers’’ motivation using expectancy-valence theory,” Wu, Chuck; 2007, Jim Gerlach (advisor).