Knowledge of taxation is widely applicable across a broad range of functional areas and organizations, from public and private companies, to government organizations, both domestically and internationally. The range of opportunities available to tax professionals is limited only by their individual interests.
Not only are the types of positions available to tax professionals becoming more diverse, but tax professionals are paid well. The average starting salary for an entry-level tax accountant is about $50,000 (source: salary.com), and most chartered tax advisors spend just one to three years in an entry level position before moving up to the next stage of their careers (source: T Magazine).
- Tax advisor
- Public Tax Accountant
- Corporate Tax Accountant
- Professional Tax Practice Owner
- Senior Associate, Federal Tax
- Manager/Senior Manager, Real Estate-Fed Tax
- Manager/Senior Manager, Income Franchise Tax
- Senior Associate, R&D Tax Credits
- Senior Associate, Partnership Tax
- Tax Manager, Hedge Funds
- Manager, Transactional Tax Systems
- Senior Associate, Personal Property Valuations
- Senior Associate, Global Equity
- Manager, US Indirect Tax
- Tax Manager - Global Compliance Management Services
- Tax Technician, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Tax Associate - Tax Technology
- Senior Associate - State & Local Tax
- Senior Manager, Tax Transformation
- Associate, Economic and Valuation Services
- Senior Manager/Director, Fixed Income/Complex Valuation
- Manager, Expatriate Tax
- Tax Senior Manager, Investment Funds
- Associate, Tax Processing
- Senior Associate, Expatriate Tax
Some of these career options may require additional training and/or education.
Business Career Connections
Business Career Connections (BCC) office assists Business School
graduate students by developing partnerships with local employers. The
office facilitates introductions and provides personalized support in
the job search process.
Designed to supplement existing services available through the Career Center, BCC takes professional connections to the next level. It is a resource
for networking students with strategic employers in the business
community. Due to its relationships, BCC is constantly aware of
new-to-the-market job openings and can help connect students to
internships, part-time and full-time career opportunities.