The dual degree allows students to obtain the generalist MBA degree and the specialization of the MS with fewer courses than it would take to earn them separately. This is accomplished by recognizing required and elective courses common to both programs.
To earn a dual MBA/MS in Marketing degree you will complete your MS Marketing requirements and the following MBA core courses. Contact your graduate advisor for details.
Please see the course catalog for course descriptions.
- Managing Individuals and Teams BUSN6520
- Data Analysis for Managers BUSN 6530
- Legal and Ethical Environment of Business BUSN6540
- Analyzing and Interpreting Accounting Information BUSN6550
- Marketing Management BUSN6560
- Information Systems Management and Strategy BUSN6610
- Applied Economics for Managers BUSN6620
- Management of Operations BUSN 6630
- Financial Management BUSN6640
- Strategic Management BUSN6710
- International Business Elective (3 semester hours)
When pursuing a dual degree, you are not permitted to waive any of the MBA core classes.
If you want both your MS in marketing and the career advantages of an MBA's broad knowledge base consider doing both.
Note: Each course is typically three semester hours.
Admission standards are specific and varied for each degree. Therefore, applicants must meet specific admission standards for the degree for which they apply.
If students choose to pursue a dual degree after they have joined a graduate program, they must meet the admissions requirements of the degree they intend to add, irrespective of their performance in their current program.