The MS in Marketing degree prepares graduates for a variety of exciting careers in marketing. Many graduates go on to pursue fulfilling careers in advertising, market research, services marketing, brand management and many other marketing-related disciplines.
Below are the mean average wages for different Marketing positions:
- Advertising and Promotions Managers $91,100
- Marketing Managers $113,400
- Marketing Research Analysts $67,340
- Sales Managers $106,790
- Public Relations Managers $97,170
- Purchasing Managers $90,430
- Insurance Sales Agents $58,580
- Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents $90,470
- Sales Engineers $86,350 Sales Representatives, Services, All Other $57,480
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale & Manufacturing, Technical & Scientific Products $76,460
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale & Manufacturing, Except Technical & Scientific Products $60,190
- Survey Researchers $42,060
Graduate Career Connections
The Graduate Career Connections (GCC) office assists Business School graduate students by developing partnerships with local employers. The office facilitates introductions and provides personalized support in the job search process.
Designed to supplement existing services available through the UC Denver Experiential Learning Center and the Career Center, GCC takes professional connections to the next level. It is a resource for networking students with strategic employers in the business community. Due to its relationships, GCC is constantly aware of new-to-the-market job openings and can help connect students to internships and to part-time and full-time career opportunities.
Benefits of working with GCC:
- Increase visibility and improve networking connections within various industries via GCC relationships
- Research career choices by connecting directly with executives working in specific careers or industries
- Take advantage of opportunities to shadow an executive for a day to learn about a career or a job from someone in that role
- Gain first-hand exposure to influential executives as part of the Leadership Cafe speaker series
Students own their job search. GCC is available to assist with the process by providing coaching and resources for a more focused, effective search.
Contact the office today to find out more about how GCC can help you take your search or experience to the next level.
You probably are looking at a business degree to launch a new career, increase the chances to move up in your current career, or to start your own business.
To assist students in moving forward on a career path, the University of Colorado Denver Business School partners with the UC Denver Career Center to offer many services. Together we offer tools, seminars, and personalized help that will make your career search easier and more successful.
The Career Center offers:
- Career counseling to help define career goals, refine networking techniques, target potential employers and evaluate and negotiate employment offers
- Career assessment programs to guide future career plans
- Résumé and cover letter writing assistance and review
- Interview coaching and mock interview sessions
- Job boards available exclusively to UC Denver students and alumni
The UC Denver Career Center offers individual career counseling to students, alumni, faculty and staff. To make an appointment for personalized support, call 303-556-2250 or stop by Tivoli 259. Services are free to current students and alumni within one year of graduation. Fees are assessed for alumni beyond one year of graduation, as well as for faculty and staff.
Drop-in times for résumé reviews are Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on a first- come, first-served basis. Sessions last no more than 15 minutes. You are allowed unlimited walk-in visits as a student. Alumni who graduated more than a year ago, faculty, staff and prospective students are allowed one free walk-in visit.