- Are you interested in a career in advertising, promotions, or public relations?
- How about furthering your career in marketing management?
Advertising, promotion, and public relations managers are creative, highly-motivated people who are flexible and yet can meet a deadline.
You will need good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with people. Similar talents are needed by those involved with brand management. This task is central to all marketers, especially those involved with perceptual positioning and the deliverance of positions in a target market (e.g., those working in any phase of market communication and R&D) The US Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that, because of the high visibility of these positions, these managers are often prime candidates for top C-level positions. The job outlook remains promising but competition will be keen and the best opportunities will go to those with an MS in Marketing or an MS Marketing /MBA dual degree.
You will take Marketing degree requirements, and you will further your Marketing education by using your electives to take classes in subjects such as:
- Integrated Marketing Communications and Brand Identity
- Sales and Sales Force Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Strategic Product Marketing
- Internet Marketing
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- Marketing and Global Sustainability
- Stratigic Web Development