The GEM Advisory Council
(AC) is an instrumental partner in the success of the GEM Program. Representing
top energy leaders in business and government, the council helped to develop
the program and its curriculum. Today,
it continues to provide close guidance on GEM’s growth and development. This
includes vetting of GEM’s syllabi, course objectives and subject matter to
ensure relevancy to the energy industry’s current and future needs. Our ability to successfully deliver such a
highly specialized business and leadership degree program is directly linked to
the involvement of the council. Their
input is a crucial component of GEM’s ability to successfully deliver to students
the education and training necessary to advance their career in energy.
Advisory Council Members
- Doug Arent, Executive Director, Joint Institute for Strategic Energy Analysis, NREL
- David Banko, Principal, Banko Petroleum Management, Inc.
- Chase Boswell, Managing Member, Thunder River Production LLC
- Tamara Bray, Chief Human Resources Officer, DCP Midstream
- Michael Burn, Senior Director, Aerospace, Defense, Security & Government Markets, IHS Markit
- Jamie Caton, Manager, Political Relations and Public Affairs, Consulate General of Canada
- Bob Comer, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Helen Currie, Senior Economist, ConocoPhillips
- Marcela de la Mar, Executive Director, Mexican Cultural Center
- Chris Edwards, Planning and Commercial Manager Rockies, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Michael Farina, Director, Market Development, Global Gas to Power, General Electric Company
- Tom Fisk, Director, Environmental, Health, and Safety, Whiting Petroleum Corporation
- Katie Hallen, Banker, J.P. Morgan Private Bank
- Lynn Hendrix, Partner, Bryan Cave
- Maura Horn, Vice President of Global Talent Development, CoorsTek, Inc.
- Danny Jimenez, Founder and Managing Partner, Selten Group
- Teri Jones, Advisor, Finance Projects, Encana Oil & Gas (USA) Inc.
- Missy Kautt, Director of Outreach and Partnerships, University of Colorado Denver Institute of International Business
- Bob Laing, Sales Director, Baker Hughes
- Sarah Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer, Colorado Oil & Gas Association
- Brian Miller, Director, Government Relations and Communications, US Onshore, Noble Energy, Inc.
- Joan Miller, Senior Vice President, CH2M HILL
- Robert Morgan, Chief Strategy Officer, EVP Business Development, Renewable Energy Systems (RES) Americas Inc.
- Frank Prager, Vice President, Policy and Federal Affairs, Xcel Energy Inc.
- Steven Richardson, Partner, Bryan Cave
- Nicholas Schoville, Retired, General Manager, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Andy Spielman, Partner & Global Co-Head, Energy & Natural Resources Group, Hogan Lovells LLP
- Jennifer Webster, Founder and Principal, BluePrintStrategies, LLC
- Joseph Casabona, Board of Directors, Petroleum Development Corporation & ECA Foundation
- Peter Dea, President & CEO, Cirque Resources
- Stephen Enders, Former VP of Newmont Mining
- George Solich, President, Cordillera Energy Partners