The GEM Advisory Council
(AC) is an instrumental partner in the success of the GEM Program. Representing
top energy leaders in business and government, the council helped to develop
the program and its curriculum. Today,
it continues to provide close guidance on GEM’s growth and development. This
includes vetting of GEM’s syllabi, course objectives and subject matter to
ensure relevancy to the energy industry’s current and future needs. Our ability to successfully deliver such a
highly specialized business and leadership degree program is directly linked to
the involvement of the council. Their
input is a crucial component of GEM’s ability to successfully deliver to students
the education and training necessary to advance their career in energy.
Advisory Council Members
- David Banko, Principal, Banko Petroleum Management
- Chase Boswell, Managing Member, Thunder River Production
- Michael Burn, Director, Americas Planning and Strategy, IHS Corporation
- Stanley R. Bull, PhD, Associate Director Emeritus, Science and Technology, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- Jamie Caton, Political, Economic Relations Officer, Foreign Policy and Diplomacy Service, Consulate General of Canada in Denver
- Tom Fisk, Environmental Health and Safety Manager, Whiting Petroleum
- John Harpole, President, Mercator Energy
- Joseph Herrmann, Vice President of Marketing, Xcel Energy
- Lynn Hendrix, Partner, Bryan Cave HRO
- Christopher Hollmann, Senior Landman, Pioneer Natural Resources
- Missy Kautt, Former Senior Manager of Government Relations, Strategic Management and Public Affairs, ExxonMobil Corp
- Jennifer Martin, Financial Analyst, Kodiak Oil & Gas
- L. Ann Martin, Associate Professor of Accounting, University of Colorado Denver
- Will Matthews, Team Leader, Natural Gas Development, Encana Oil & Gas (USA) Inc.
- Don McClure, Vice-President, Government Affairs, Stakeholder Relations & Legal, EnCana Oil & Gas (USA), Inc.
- Jill McClure, Chief Operating Officer, Colorado Oil & Gas Association (COGA)
- Michael Miller, President, Western Marketing, Inc.
- John Mork, CEO, Energy Corporation of America (ECA), Inc.
- Larry Parnell, Senior Vice President, Business Development, Bill Barrett Corp
- Steven Richardson, Partner, Bryan Cave HRO
- Leanna Salas, Business Development Representative, City and County of Denver
- Bill Schneider, President and CEO, Teocali Energy, LLC
- Gysle Shellum, CFO, PDC Energy
- Joyce Witte, President, Denver Petroleum Club
- Michael Wracher, Vice President Sacramento Valley & Exploration, Venoco, Inc.
- Joseph Casabona, Board of Directors, Petroleum Development Corporation & ECA Foundation
- Peter Dea, President & CEO, Cirque Resources
- Stephen Enders, Former VP of Newmont Mining
- George Solich, President, Cordillera Energy Partners