The GEM Advisory Council (AC) is an instrumental partner in the success of the GEM Program. Representing top energy leaders in business and government, the council helped to develop the program and its curriculum. Today, it continues to provide close guidance on GEM’s growth and development. This includes vetting of GEM’s syllabi, course objectives and subject matter to ensure relevancy to the energy industry’s current and future needs. Our ability to successfully deliver such a highly specialized business and leadership degree program is directly linked to the involvement of the council. Their input is a crucial component of GEM’s ability to successfully deliver to students the education and training necessary to advance their career in energy.
Advisory Council Members
- Doug Arent, Executive Director, Joint Institute for Strategic Energy Analysis, NREL
- David Banko, Principal, Banko Petroleum Management, Inc.
- Tamara Bray, Chief Human Resources Officer, DCP Midstream
- Jamie Caton, Manager, Political Relations and Public Affairs, Consulate General of Canada
- Bob Comer, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Helen Currie, Senior Economist, ConocoPhillips
- Tom Fisk, Director, Environmental, Health, and Safety, Whiting Petroleum Corporation
- Mona Able, VP of Land, Encana Oil & Gas (USA) Inc.
- Missy Kautt, Director of Outreach and Partnerships, University of Colorado Denver Institute of International Business
- Bob Laing, Sales Director, Baker Hughes
- Dan Haley, Chief Executive Officer, Colorado Oil & Gas Association
- Brian Miller, Director, Government Relations and Communications, US Onshore, Noble Energy, Inc.
- Jennifer Bredt, Transformation Manager, Renewable Energy Systems (RES) Americas Inc.
- Frank Prager, Vice President, Policy and Federal Affairs, Xcel Energy Inc.
- Nicholas Schoville, Retired, General Manager, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Lisa Hough, Manager of Strategic Initiatives, Metro Denver
- Kathleen Staks, Executive Director, Colorado Energy Office
- Dave Ellerbroek, VP of Client Service & Strategy, Brown and Caldwell
- Billi McCullough, Partner, Holland and Hart LLP
- Peter Dea, President & CEO, Cirque Resources
- George Solich, President, Cordillera Energy Partners