The GEM Program offers professionals the opportunity to earn graduate level credits and gain highly sought after energy industry insight through our course certificate options. These certificates bundle three GEM degree courses together to provide students with the opportunity to deepen their knowledge, skills and abilities in energy-focused business disciplines.
These certificates are excellent options for individuals who:
- May not be ready to commit to a full-time degree program, OR
- Already hold an advanced degree, OR
- Are seeking in-depth continuing education credits for their professional discipline.
Global Energy Leadership and Workforce Management Certificate
People are the energy industry’s greatest asset. Optimizing that asset is essential to compete in today’s fast-paced global energy economy. Courses in this certificate focus on the human capital management best-practices energy companies should adopt to foster both employee and company growth.
Global Energy Financial Management Certificate
This certificate provides students with the opportunity to sharpen “hard” business skills in the areas accounting and financial management. Course work and assignments are focused 100% on the energy industry providing students with immediate applicability to current job responsibilities.
What you need to know:
- Start every January, April, July and October
- Cost $4,500 per course (+$307 in fees)
- Utilize GEM’s hybrid-online approach
- Each course is three (3) semester hour credits
- Can be applied toward the MS GEM degree, if successfully completed
- Courses are currently not eligible for federal financial aid
How to Apply:
- Complete the non-degree application for admission
- Submit $50 application fee
- Send unofficial transcripts from undergraduate degree granting institution (3.0 GPA and completed undergraduate degree required) and graduate program, if applicable.
- Submit resume
- Write a statement and describe in detail your background and why you want to pursue a Global Energy Management Graduate Certificate; specifically how will it aid in your professional development and career goals.