The tax specialization is intended for students who want to begin or expand their careers as tax consultants in public or private accounting. The curriculum allows foundational and in-depth analyses of U.S. federal income tax issues and transactions affecting corporations, partnerships, and individuals. Emphasis is placed on acquiring relevant knowledge and on research and analytical skills.
Taxation Specialization Course Requirements
Complete 4 of the following:
- Advanced Tax for Individuals ACCT6410
- International Taxation ACCT6430
- Research Problems in Income Tax Accounting ACCT6450
- Advanced Topics in Taxation ACCT6460
- Partnership Tax ACCT6480
- Taxation of Corporations and Shareholder ACCT6400
- Taxation of Estates and Gifts ACCT6420
- Tax Practices and Procedures ACCT6440
- Advanced Corporate Taxation ACCT6550
- Advanced Partnership Taxation ACCT6482
Please see the course catalog for course descriptions.