The Controllership/Chief Financial Officer specialization is intended for students who want to expand or begin their careers in industry, government, or nonprofit accounting. The curriculum includes financial reporting and analysis, with concentrations on U.S. GAAP and international financial reporting standards and practices, including consolidated financial reporting for multinational corporations, industry specializations such as oil and gas and government and nonprofit accounting. Emphasis is placed on acquiring relevant knowledge and on research and analytical skills.
Controllership/Chief Financial Officer Specialization Course Requirements
Complete 4 of the following:
- Advanced Financial Accounting ACCT6024
- Accounting for Government and Nonprofit Organizations ACCT6080
- Advanced Managerial Accounting ACCT6033
- Professional Judgment and Decision Making in Accounting ACCT6280
- Financial Statement Analysis ACCT6340
- Current Issues in Professional Accounting ACCT6350
- International Accounting ACCT6370
- Issues in Oil and Gas Accounting ACCT6520
Please see the course catalog for course descriptions.