The auditing and forensic accounting specialization is intended for students who want to begin or expand their careers as external auditors in public accounting, internal auditors in private accounting or auditors in government. The curriculum includes fraud examination, forensic accounting, basic audit techniques and U.S. GAAP and international financial reporting standards and practices which includes consolidated financial reporting for multinational corporations. Emphasis is placed on acquiring relevant knowledge and on research and analytical skills.
Auditing and Forensic Accounting Specialization Course Requirements
Complete 4 of the following:
- Professional Judgment and Decision Making in Accounting ACCT6280
- Financial Statement Analysis ACCT6340
- Fraud Examination ACCT6360
- International Accounting ACCT6370
- Forensic Accounting ACCT6380
- Internal Auditing ACCT6470
- Accounting IS Processes and Control ACCT6510
- Advanced Auditing ACCT6620
Please see the course catalog for course descriptions.