With the pervasive nature of Internet-based technologies, healthcare services are undergoing significant transformations where both providers and consumers have access to information for making informed decisions yielding the best possible outcomes. While providers are adopting or upgrading to state-of-the-art IT, the ongoing liberation of healthcare data has energized technology vendors, healthcare systems, start-ups, and researchers to develop new applications, tools, and products. Advances in IT solutions, such as mobile apps, are also expected to empower consumers to interact with their care providers more effectively. This specialization is designed for (1) those interested in getting drugs, devices, diagnostics, healthcare IT products and scalable services platforms to market, and (2) those interested in developing knowledge, skills and capabilities in bio-entrepreneurship. It focusses on how life science inventions and discoveries are developed, financed, and commercialized. It will be offered in collaboration with the Bard Center for Entrepreneurship, Graduate School of the University of Colorado Denver and Anschutz Medical Campus Program in Bio-innovation and Entrepreneurship, and the school of Medicine.
Common Body of Knowledge (CBK)
If you do not have an AACSB accredited undergraduate or graduate degree in business, you are required to complete at least 12 credit hours in addition to the 30 credits of required and elective courses. These courses provide a general business foundation upon which your graduate information systems degree will be built.
Choose four of the following courses:
- Data Analysis for Managers BUSN6530
- Analyzing and Interpreting Accounting Information BUSN6550
- Marketing Management BUSN6560
- Management of Operations BUSN6630
- Financial Management BUSN6640
- Analysis, Modeling, and Design, ISMG6060
- Database Management Systems, ISMG6080
- Internet and Mobile Technologies, ISMG 6120
- Emerging Technologies, ISMG6460
Choose electives from both lists below for a total of 6 courses
Bio-innovation and Entrepreneurship Electives (minimum of 4 courses):
Health Information Technology Electives (minimum of 2 courses):
- .Net Programming Fundamentals, ISMG6020
- Information Systems Security and Privacy, ISMG6430
- Business Intelligence In Healthcare, ISMG6810
- Introduction to Health Information Technology, HLTH6071
- Fundamentals of Health Information Technology Management, HLTH6072
Please see the course catalog for course descriptions.