The Sports industry is the sixth largest industry in the United States and the Sports and Entertainment industries are converging. To become a professional in these industries, you need special skills. Through this specialization, you gain the tools to get ahead in both the sports management and entertainment management industries.
Complete four of the following courses:
- Sports and Entertainment Management MGMT6830
- Law and Negotiation in Sports and Entertainment MGMT6832
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing MKTG6820
- Finance in the Sports and Entertainment Industries BUSN6860
- London Calling: Global Sports and Entertainment Management (travel study) MGMT6834
- Internship (Sports and Entertainment) MGMT5939 (see below)
An internship can set you apart from the rest as you move into your career. Experts agree that hands-on experience is advantageous in distinguishing a candidate from other job applicants. The Business School is proactive in arranging internships to advance your career opportunities. The internships in the Sports and Entertainment Management area are rewarded to our top students.
Example companies you may internship with include:
- Adrenalin, Inc.
- Anschutz Entertainment Group - Sports
- Anschutz Entertainment Group - Music/Entertainment
- Denver Broncos
- Denver Center for Performing Arts
- Kroenke Sports
- Liberty Media
- Los Angeles Galaxy
- Metro Denver Sports Commission
- Qwest Communications
- Romani Group/Icon Venue Group