Health care is an industry with huge growth that will continue into the future. Health administration focuses on effective, humane and efficient delivery of health care services. To succeed in health administration, students need to develop analytical and decision-making skills, learn to lead, and possess specialized knowledge of policies and trends.
The MS in Health Administration and the Health Administration MBA are designed to prepare men and women who, after appropriate practical experience, are capable of taking roles as senior administrators and chief executive officers in complex multiservice health care organizations.
- Medical clinics
- Nursing homes
- Assisted living facilities
- Mental health services
- Social service agencies
- Rehabilitation centers
- Alcohol /drug rehab centers
- Health sciences centers
- Pharmaceutical companies
Graduate Career Connections
The GCC office assists Business School graduate students by developing partnerships with local employers. The office facilitates introductions and provides personalized support in the job search process.
Designed to supplement existing services available through the CU Denver Experiential Learning Center and the Career Center, GCC takes professional connections to the next level. It is a resource for networking students with strategic employers in the business community. Due to its relationships, GCC is constantly aware of new-to-the-market job openings and can help connect students to internships, part-time and full-time career opportunities.
Benefits of working with GCC
- Increase visibility and improve networking connections within various industries via GCC relationships
- Research career choices by connecting directly with executives working in specific careers or industries
- Opportunity to shadow an executive for a day to learn about a career or a job from someone in that role
- Introduction to influential executives as part of the Leadership Cafe speaker series
Students own their job search. GCC is available to assist with the process by providing coaching and resources for a more focused, effective search.
Contact the office today to find out more about how GCC can help you take your search or experience to the next level.
Students typically seek a business degree to launch a new career, increase the chances to move up in their career, or to start their own business.
To assist students in moving to their next opportunity, the University of Colorado Denver Business School partners with the CU Denver Career Center to offer many services. Together we offer tools, seminars, and personalized help that make career searches easier and more successful.
The Career Center offers:
- Career counseling to help define career goals, refine networking techniques, target potential employers and evaluate and negotiate employment offers
- Career assessment programs to guide future career plans
- Résumé and cover letter writing assistance and review
- Interview coaching and mock interview sessions
- Job boards available exclusively to UC Denver students and alumni
The CU Denver Career Center offers individual career counseling to students, alumni, faculty and staff. To make an appointment for personalized support, call 303-556-2250 or stop by Tivoli 259. Services are free to current students and alumni within one year of graduation. Fees are assessed for alumni beyond one year of graduation, as well as for faculty and staff.
Drop-in times for résumé reviews are Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on a first come, first served basis. Sessions last no more than 15 minutes. You are allowed unlimited walk-in visits as a student. Faculty, staff, prospective students and alumni who graduated more than a year before are allowed one free walk-in visit.