The Executive MBA in Health Administration is designed for health care professionals with
- A minimum of three years of increasingly responsible duties in their health-related organizations
- A baccalaureate or advanced degree from an accredited college or university (required)
Candidates must make a positive commitment to the 25-month program.
Indicators of high promise from the following areas will be used in the admission process:
- Previous education. Evaluation of a candidate's overall or upper-division grade point average prior to admission to the executive program, or any other relevant measure of scholastic performance.
- Experience. A minimum of three years of administrative or clinical experience in health services.
- Testing. Candidate's performance on the GMAT or other relevant testing device. The GMAT is usually not required unless the candidate has a low undergraduate grade point average.
Admission is competitive, and the Student Selection Committee may weigh any of the requirements more heavily in a given circumstance.
- Application form, completed and signed. Download the application here.
- Official transcripts. Two official transcripts from each collegiate institution previously attended should be sent by the institution.
- Recommendations. Each applicant must arrange for the submission of three letters of recommendation. Letters should include information on qualification for top executive or professional leadership and capacity for rigorous graduate study. One must be a letter of nomination from a superior in the applicant's organization. It also should include information on the candidate's present position, including responsibilities and tenure on the job, and should indicate the organization's understanding and support of the substantial commitment of time and energy required by the program. (Individuals who are principals in their organizations, e.g., physicians in private practice. may substitute a third recommendation letter.) The other two letters should be from professional colleagues.
- Test scores. Graduate admission tests are not generally required. Those applicants who have taken a graduate admission exam such as the GMAT or GRE are encouraged to submit their scores. The GMAT is recommended since it is probably the best indicator of high promise for success in graduate business study. The GMAT is given four times each year at numerous centers throughout the world. For information and an application for the test, call the Educational Testing Service at (609) 771-7330 or write to P.O. Box 966, Princeton, New Jersey 08541. The code number for the Executive Program in Health Administration is 4813.
- Resume. A current resume or C.V. is required.
- Self-evaluation essay. Applicants must submit a brief evaluation (up to two pages) describing significant contributions and reasons for entering the executive program.
- Telephone interview. Interviews are conducted by the program manager. The interview allows the candidate to expand and elaborate on the information provided in the application. The interview typically lasts 20 to 30 minutes.
The application deadline is May 30.
Applications are considered in the order received, and in most cases applicants will receive a decision within one month of receipt of a completed application and related materials. There is no application fee.
For additional information, email email@example.com
303-623-1888 or 1-800-228-5778.
Send completed applications to:
University of Colorado
P.O. Box 480006
Denver, CO 80248-0006