The following are required for consideration of admission to the program. All items should be sent to the Business School graduate programs office.
- Completed CU Denver application and fee (domestic or international as appropriate)
- GMAT score, taken in the last five years. Minimum 500 required to apply
- For international students, official TOEFL/IELTS score. Minimum 90(IBT) TOEFL, 6.5 IELTS required to apply
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended
- A resume outlining work experience
- Personal essays demonstrating commitment to an accelerated MBA program
- Two letters of recommendation
If you are a domestic student (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident):
If you are an international student:
Plan to submit materials early to expedite processing. Deadlines apply to all required documents.
The 11-Month MBA Program uses a rolling admission system. The committee reviews applications when they are fully complete, including transcripts, GMAT scores and letters of recommendation. Candidates are encouraged to submit their application as early in the process as possible. Completed applications are reviewed until early August, but those received after June 15 are considered on a space-available basis. We encourage all international applicants to complete their applications by May 15, which allows sufficient time for visa and travel arrangements if they are admitted.
A personal interview may also be required for admission to the 11-Month MBA. Students who are not accepted into the 11-Month MBA, but show high potential for success in the Professional MBA program, can have their applications transferred to that program. They will be advised of their admission status as soon as possible.
Applicants’ complete academic records, including GPAs and previous coursework, are considered. Undergraduate degrees do not have to be in business, but they must be from regionally accredited colleges or universities.
The admissions committee will consider each candidate's entire record of achievement demonstrated through academic transcripts, GMAT scores, essays, letters of recommendation, personal interviews (optional at the candidate’s discretion), work experience, and extracurricular and community activities.
The GMAT is a requirement for application to the 11-Month MBA program. Other standardized examinations (e.g. GRE) may be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you take the GMAT more than once, we will evaluate your application using the highest GMAT score. We do recommend preparing for the exam but do not recommend any particular GMAT study guide or preparation course.
- Average GMAT: 600
- Minimum GMAT: The acceptance committee requires a minimum score of 500 to have your application reviewed. Candidates with a score under 500 are encouraged to retake the exam.
Information on taking the GMAT can be obtained by visiting the GMAT Web site. The 11-Month MBA program also requires a highly developed proficiency in written and oral English.
GMAT program code for 11-Month MBA: MPB-0G-65
GMAT test tips:
See your application packet for GMAT information. The Business School offers GMAT Test Tips at every Information session. RSVP to an Information Session.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
If you are an International applicant and your first language is not English you must meet this requirement in one of the following ways:
- Submit TOEFL score that meets the minimum requirements: 11-Month MBA: 90 (IBT) or 575 (PBT).
- Submit IELTS score that meets the minimum requirements: 11-Month MBA: 6.5.
- The TOEFL/IELTS will not be required if the applicant has completed a baccalaureate or graduate-level degree program at an English speaking college or university or have completed at least 2 semesters at a college or university in the United States of full-time study in a master's program at an accredited institution and obtained a "B" average (3.0 GPA) or higher.
- The TOEFL/ IELTS can also be waived if the applicant successfully completes CU Denver's English as a Second Language (ESL) Program and submits a recommendation letter from the program.
Information on taking the TOEFL can be obtained by visiting the TOEFL Web site.
TOEFL school code: 4875
Please note that test scores are valid for two years. Information on taking the IELTS can be obtained by visiting the IELTS website.