Increasingly businesses are reorienting their thinking, planning and operations to capitalize on opportunities that exist in the world marketplace. Every phase of business is affected by this reorientation. If you have the appropriate skills, training, and interest, international business provides excellent career opportunities.
The international business curriculum is designed to enhance and build on thorough training in basic business skills and to provide skills and knowledge appropriate to international business.
The International Business degree requirements
In addition to the Core requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, you will take the following courses:
- Applied Marketing Management, MKTG4050
- Organizational Design, MGMT4370
- International Financial Management, FNCE4370
- Environments of International Business, MGMT4400
- Operations of International Business, MGMT4410
- International Marketing, MKTG4200
You should consider pursuing second area of emphasis in business in addition to International Business.
You should also consider having advanced study in a foreign language.
Consider a minor or a certificate in international affairs, offered by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Elective Business Courses
Three business courses (3000 or 4000 level), 3 semester hours each
You are strongly recommended to take courses within the same business discipline, including internationally-oriented courses within the discipline such as
- Asian Business Development and Marketing, MKTG4220
- International Accounting, ACCT4370
Please see the course catalog for course descriptions.