The finance minor will help prepare students in pursuing economics, mathematics and other related degrees for careers in the financial sector. This may include careers as a financial planner, financial analyst, investment banker or as a broker.
Basic Admissions Requirements
As a CU Denver Undergraduate student, you need a 2.0 GPA to be accepted for a business minor. Additionally, you must have a:
- 3.0 GPA overall
- 3.0 GPA in your business courses
at the time of graduation to receive the minor.
You will take a set of prerequisites for your minor
These may include subjects such as:
- Business problem solving
- Polynomial Calculus
- Business statistics
Finance Minor Requirements
The minor requires student take 5 business school courses. Courses may include subjects such as:
- Financial accounting
- Principles of Finance
- Management of Business Capital
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Investment and Portfolio Management
- International Financial Management
- Financial and Commodity Derivatives
- Corporate Financial Decisions
For more information, contact the Business School Undergraduate Advisors or call 303-315-8100.
Please see the course catalog for course descriptions.