Art or science?...both
Marketing is more than a turn of phrase, or a well-designed ad campaign.
The fundamental question is this: How do you make sure you understand your customers and deliver superior value to them?
These are the core competencies that distinguish top marketing executives:
- They build productive relationships between organizations and key markets
- They develop and implement outstanding marketing programs that build from these relationships
- They consistently look beyond the four Ps
The University of Colorado Denver Business School offers a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration where you may specialize in a variety of areas of emphasis. Choose the Marketing or Marketing and Information Systems emphasis to aid your career.
MS in Marketing
Gain deep knowledge of marketing through our master of science degree program. Learn to develop and implement marketing programs that build productive relationships between organizations and markets through a careful integration of theory and application.
- Brand Management and Marketing Communications prepares you for a career in advertising, promotions, or public relations and brand management.
- Global Marketing spans marketing across many different international environments in both established and emerging markets.
- High-Tech/Entrepreneurial Marketing brings focus to the type of new business path that leads to successful entrepreneurial ventures and innovative careers.
- Internet Marketing blends website development and application strategies with marketing.
- Marketing for Sustainability will help you learn to market in a world focused on blending sustainable business practices with profits. More than ever, companies around the globe need to introduce smart, sustainable brands to lead the way into the future.
- Marketing Research gives you the skills to gather information about what people think; measure customer satisfaction and repurchase intentions; help companies decide what goods and services to offer and at what price; and detect up-and-coming trends.
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing offers specialized courses to teach you how to tailor your skills to the unique needs of the sports and entertainment industries.
Marketing is more than a glossy image in Vogue. Your degree with a Marketing specialization from the University of Colorado Denver gets you behind the scenes. How do you identify buyer behavior, or customer satisfaction? How do you produce an award-winning internet campaign or find the perfect price point?
Your Marketing specialization gives you the tools to help answer these questions and help your company position itself to stand out from competitors.
The Marketing specialization provides the maximum flexibility. You determine which aspects of marketing are most pertinent to your career.
Find more information under specializations on the Professional MBA web page.
Dual MBA and MS in Marketing
If you want both your MS in Marketing and the career advantages of an MBA's broad knowledge base, consider getting both through the Business School's Dual MS/MBA.