The CU Denver Business School offers a variety of scholarships to help you finance your degree. We offer scholarships based on need and academic accomplishment. Our scholarships are funded by alumni, members of the Colorado business community, and the State of Colorado, to help you get the best education possible.
These scholarships are offered through the CU Denver Business School, however there may be more available through the Scholarship Office and other sources.
- Fall scholarship applications open December 1; deadline is April 1 unless noted otherwise.
- Spring scholarship applications open October 15; deadline is November 15 unless noted otherwise.
Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunities
These scholarships are open for application through the Student Portal (UCDAccess). Download directions and use the portal to apply for these scholarships. If you are a prospective student, you can find additional details for these and other scholarships at the scholarship website.
- Accounting Program Scholarship - For students in the Accounting Program based on demonstrated financial need and academic performance.
- BKD Accounting Scholarship - To support accounting students showing high academic performance.
- Carolyn Lee Henderson Scholarship - For upper division finance students, based on academic merit and demonstrated financial need.
- Davis Family Scholarship - To provide scholarship support to deserving students in the Marketing Program
- Dean’s Scholarship for Continuing Business Students - For continuing undergraduate students demonstrating academic achievement and financial need.
- Dean’s Sustaining Student Scholarship - For incoming undergraduate students demonstrating academic achievement and financial need.
- Ernst & Young Scholarship - For students in the Accounting Program demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, team player, initiative in financing own education and desire to enter public accounting profession upon graduation.
- Marjorie Gearhart Smith Scholarship - To provide scholarship support for accounting students, with preference being given to applicants who are working while attending school and raising children.
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers Scholarship - To support accounting students showing high academic performance.
- Robert E. Moore Memorial Scholarship - For marketing students demonstrating strong academic performance.
- Steve Golter Scholarship - To provide scholarship support for students enrolled in the Information Systems Program.
These are non-application scholarships based on merit, faculty nomination, or other specific criteria. You can find additional details for these and other scholarships at the scholarship website.
- Dean’s Community College Transfer Scholarship - For Colorado resident students with a minimum 3.4 GPA in at least 45 credit hours at the community college level.
- Esteemed Business Student Scholarship - For graduating Colorado resident high school students who rank in the top of their class, demonstrate strong leadership skills, and have a record of community service.
- Future Business Leaders Scholarship - Awarded to high-achieving incoming freshmen who intend to pursue a Business degree.
- Robert Reynolds Study Abroad Scholarship - In support of the educational value of study abroad experiences, for students enrolled in a Business School study abroad course.
Jake Jabs Center for Entrepreneurship Scholarships
These non-application scholarships are administered by the Jake Jabs Center for Entrepreneurship program. Please see their scholarship page for
- Coulter Foundation Scholarship - For students in the Entrepreneurship Program, based on demonstrated financial need and involvement in civic or social nonprofit organizations.
- Harry Trueblood Scholarship - Awarded to students who plan to earn a Certificate in entrepreneurial studies.
- Mahalchin Scholarship - Awarded to outstanding business students who are interested in becoming entrepreneurs.
- Mordecai Scholarship - For students pursuing studies in entrepreneurship, based on academic merit and financial need.
J.P. Morgan Center for Commodities Scholarships
These non-application scholarships are administered by the J.P. Morgan Center for Commodities. Please see their scholarship page for
- CoBank Rural America Scholarship - To provide students the opportunity to learn the complex relationships between finance, commodities and risk management.
- J.P. Morgan Center for Commodities Scholarship - To provide scholarships in the areas of finance, commodities and risk management.
- Xcel Energy Scholarship - To provide scholarship support for undergraduate students studying commodities at the Business School.
Risk Management and Insurance Scholarships
These non-application scholarships are administered by the Risk Management and Insurance program. Please see their scholarship page for more information.
- Arthur J Gallagher Scholarship
- Chubb Scholarship
- FAME/CIAB Scholarship
- Flood and Peterson Insurance Scholarship
- Hull & Company Scholarship
- Mass Mutual Colorado Scholarship
- Northwestern Mutual Scholarship
- OneBeacon Scholarship
- Philadelphia Insurance Scholarship
- Pinnacol Scholarship
- PRIMA Scholarship
- RIMS Rocky Mountain Chapter Scholarship
- RMI Student Scholarship
- Surplus Lines Scholarship
- Wave Financial Partners Scholarship