1475 Lawrence Street, in the heart of downtown Denver
The CU Denver Business School building is located in the heart of downtown Denver at the crossroads of business and education. The building is designed to foster partnerships between the university and businesses. We host global business leaders at speaking engagements, forums, and other events that bring business professionals, students, and faculty together in a collaborative learning experience. Students are welcomed into a professional environment, rather than a typical academic setting, making a seamless transition from the classroom to the board room.
The building serves as the gateway to the education corridor, the stretch of Lawrence Street between Auraria campus and downtown. Capitalizing on its highly visible location, floor-to-ceiling windows at the street level connect the community to the action inside the building. The first floor features a welcoming commons area, center for commodities, boardroom, conference room, and café.
Versatile spaces throughout the building that invite
collaboration, including expansive decks that provide working areas for
students, faculty, and business leaders. The sustainable design of the
building, with LEED Gold certification, connects the iconic scenery of the west
to the urban energy of downtown Denver.
The consolidation of Business School faculty, staff, centers and programs under one roof—previously scattered across 15 locations—creates a hub of innovation, ideas and learning. We’re not just building a new Business School; we’re building the partnerships, programs, entrepreneurs, and leaders of tomorrow.
- This 120,000 square foot building holds 20 classrooms and seminar rooms featuring the latest integrated technology and can accommodate over 5,000 students daily.
- Located within walking distance of Fortune 500 companies, and surrounded by local businesses.
- One block from shopping at Larimer Square and the 16th Street Mall, and a short walk from the vibrant nightlife of LoDo.
- Two blocks from the Denver Center for the Performing Arts complex, the second-largest performing arts complex in the world.
- Within walking distance of three sports venues, housing Denver’s professional football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and lacrosse teams