- B.S. (Honors) Chemical Engineering, University of Wisconsin
- M.Sc. International Economics, London School of Economics
- M.B.A. Finance, University of Chicago Graduate School of Business
- Ph.D. Money and Finance, University of Chicago Graduate School of Business
- International Financial Markets
- Foreign Exchange and Trade
- Mutual Funds
- International Managerial Finance (FNCE 4370)
- International Managerial Finance (FNCE 6370)
Academic and Professional Experience
- Professor of Finance, University of Colorado Denver, Fall 1988 – Present
- Director of Finance, University of Colorado Denver, Fall 1997 – Summer 2000
- Area Coordinator of Finance, University of Colorado Denver, Summer 1995 - Summer 1997
- Chair of Primary Unit, College of Business, University of Colorado Denver, Fall 1989 - Fall 1992
- Area Coordinator of Finance, University of Colorado Denver, Fall 1988 – Summer 1990
- Associate Professor, State University of New York at Albany, 1978 - 1988
- Participant in SUNY-Soviet Exchange, Moscow State University, Moscow, U.S.S.R., Fall 1984
- Visiting Professor, University of California at Los Angeles, 1980 - 1981
- Associate Professor, Department of Finance, University of Florida (with Tenure), 1976 - 1978
- National Fellow, Hoover institution, Stanford University, 1977 – 1978
- Visiting Professor, University of Amsterdam, THE NETHERLANDS, Fall 1976
- Assistant Professor, Department of Finance, University of Florida, 1971 - 1976
- Assistant Dean of Students, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, 1968 - 1969
Achievements and Honors
- Philip M. McKenna Academic Achievement Award
- National Fellow, Hoover institution, Stanford University
- Honorary Scholastic Fraternities: Phi Eta Sigma, Phi Kappa Phi, Tau Beta Pi, Phi Lambda Upsilon, Beta Gamma Sigma
- Testing the Monetary Approach to Devaluation in Developing Countries, with M. Connolly, JOURNAL OF POLITICAL ECONOMY 84, (August 1976): 849-69.
- Adjustment to Devaluation with Money and Non-traded Goods, with M. Connolly, JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS 6, (August 1976): 289-98.
- Friedman’s Dynamic Models: Empirical Tests, JOURNAL OF MONETARY ECONOMICS 2 (November 1976): 531-38.
- Devaluation, Traded Goods, and International Assets, with M. Connolly, RECENT ISSUES IN INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS, edited by E. Classen and P. Salin. Amsterdam: North-Holland, 1976, pp 53-64.
- A Simple Model of Monetary Dynamics, JOURNAL OF MONEY, CREDIT AND BANKING 9 (February 1977): 107-11
- Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market, or, Bet Against the Central Bank, JOURNAL OF POLITICAL ECONOMY 90 (April 1982): 356-68
- The Exact Timing of the Collapse of an Exchange Rate Regime and its Impact on the Relative Price of Traded Goods, with M. Connolly, JOURNAL OF MONEY, CREDIT AND BANKING 16 (May 1984): 194-207
- How to make the Central Bank Look Good, JOURNAL OF POLITICAL ECONOMY 97 (February 1989): 199-216.
- Stopping Inflation in the Dornbusch Model: Optimal Policies with Alternative Price Adjustment Equations, JOURNAL OF MACROECONOMICS 22 (SPRING 1989): 199-216
Selected Peer Reviewed Conference Presentation
- Optimal Exercise of Mortgage Options: Default and Refinancing, with Rina Ray, 2013 Southern Finance Association Meetings, Fajardo, Puerto Rico.
- Optimal Exercise of Mortgage Options: Default and Refinancing, with Rina Ray