- Ph.D. and M.S. in Operations Research and Statistics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute;
- M.S. in Mathematics, University of Tulsa,
- B.S. in Geophysical Engineering ,Colorado School of Mines
The following courses have been taught in the Univerisity of Colorado Denver Business School. Other courses have been taught in other colleges but are not listed here.
- Data Analysis for Managers BUSN6530
- Management of Operations BUSN6630
- Decision Modeling BUSN6800
- Quality and Productivity BUSN6800
- Project Management BUSN6820
- Supply Chain Management BUSN6826
- Operations Management OPMG3000
- Business Statistics QUAN2010
Additional courses elsewhere: Probability and Statistic for Engineers, Operations Research I, Decision Theory and Its Applications
Areas of Expertise
Most recent areas of expertise include operations management applied to business and business statistics.
Traditional approach that includes: lectures to present tools, techniques, and strategy; assignments to develop knowledge and skill; and case studies or projects to challenge application in a business environment. Evaluation includes graded assignments and exams.
Areas of Research
Most recent research focus on empirical research in perceived risk, inventory analysis, and business statistics.
Staff member at Los Alamos National Laboratory where research includes nuclear containment at Nevada Test Site, microearthquake research, tsunami research, rock mechanics and fragmentation of oil shale, decision modeling, and bayesian statistics.
Vice-president at Professional Geophysics Incorporated where consulting includes software development and project management.
Teaching at University of Denver college of business, Denver Seminary counseling department, Colorado School of Mines mathematics department, and University of Colorado at Denver business school.
Most recent book: Operations Management Lecture Supplements used in courses.
Most recent articles in 2004 and 2005 in the area of perceived risk published in International Journal of Service Industry Management, Journal of Air Transportation, Journal of Financial Services Marketing.
Achievements and Honors.
- Outstanding Teaching Award, 2003, University of Colorado Denver Business School
- Instructor of the Year – 11 Month MBA 2001, University of Colorado Denver Business School
- Instructor of the Year – 11 Month MBA 2000, University of Colorado Denver Business School