- The Management of Operations
- Operations Management
- Quality and Productivity
- Purchasing and Materials Management
- Service Operations Management
Areas of Expertise
- Service Operations
- Healthcare Operations
- Service Quality
- Ph.D. Business - Operations Management, University of Southern California, 1986-1991
- M.S. Information Systems, University of Colorado - Denver, 1982-1985
- B.S.N. Nursing, Pacific Lutheran University, 1971-1975
- 1991-Present Associate Professor of Operations Management, University of Colorado - Denver
- 1985-1991 Research Assistant, University of Southern California
- Teaching Assistant, University of Southern California
- 1985 Instructor, University of Colorado - Denver
- 1983-1985 Research Assistant, University of Colorado - Denver
- 1979-1983 Registered Nurse, Denver General Hospital
- 1975-1978 Registered Nurse, United States Navy
- Youngdahl, W., Kellogg, D., Nie, W. “Revisiting Customer Participation in Service Encounters: Does Culture Matter?” Journal of Operations Management, January 2003 pp. 109-120
- Kellogg, D.L., “A Customer Contact Model: An Extension,” International Journal of Service Industries Management, Vol. 11, No. 1, 2000, pp. 26-44.
- Nie, W. and Kellogg D.L., “How Professors of Operations Management View Service Operations,” Production and Operations Management, Fall 1999, pp. 339-335
- Kellogg, D.L., Youngdahl, W.E., and Bowen, D.E., “On the Relationship between Customer Participation & Satisfaction: Two Frameworks,” International Journal of Service Industries Management, 1997, pp. 206-219. (Invited/Referred)
- Youngdahl, W.E. and Kellogg, D.L., “The Relationship Between Service Customers’ Quality Assurance Behaviors, Satisfaction, and Effort: A Cost of Quality Perspective,” Journal of Operations Management, 15, 1997, 19-32.
- Kellogg, D and Chase R., “Constructing an Empirically Derived Measure for Customer Contact,” forthcoming, Management Science, 41:11, November, 1995 1734-1749.
- Kellogg, D.L. and Nie, W., “A Framework for Strategic Service Management,” Journal of Operations Management, 13, 1995, 323-337.
- Youngdahl, W. and Kellogg, D. “Customer Costs of Service Quality: A Critical Incident Study,” Service Marketing and Management Effectiveness, 3, 1994, 149-173.
- Youngdahl, W.E., Kellogg, D.L., and Bowen, D.E., “Customer Costs of Service Quality: Toward Conceptualizing the Service Customer’s Value Chain,” in Advancing Service Quality: A Global Perspective, eds. Edvardsson, B., Brown S.W., Johnston, R., and Scheuing E.E., International Service Quality Association Inc./Business Research Institute, Jamaica, New York, 1996, pp. 121-130 (Invited).
- Chase, R. and Kellogg, D., “The State of Service Management Knowledge,” in Service Management Effectiveness: An Interdisciplinary Approach, Josey Bass, 1990 (Invited).