- PhD, Marketing, University of Minnesota
- MBA, Strategic Decision Making, Tulane University
- BS, Finance, University of Florida
- Applied Marketing Managment MKTG 4050
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship ENTP 6000
- Marketing Dashboard Metrics MKTG 6200
- Marketing Management BUSN 6560
- Marketing Strategy, Evaluation and Development MKTG 6010
- New Concept Development ENTP 6842
Building on his experiences running a number of small businesses, Professor Forlani enjoys teaching courses that focus on the planning and implementation of marketing programs, especially as they relate to new-business creation decisions. Forlani sees meaningful learning as involving the integration of theory and practice, and has designed his courses to expose students to the logic entailed in various courses of action along with the opportunity to enact and support their choices. He also believes strongly in the appropriate use of quantification in marketing decisions and makes numerical analysis an integral element in his classes.
Forlani's interest in the new-business creation process has strongly influenced both his instructional preferences and academic research program. His core research activities focus on understanding the impact of individual difference and contextual factors on the risk-taking behaviors of managers making new-business creation decisions. Professor Forlani's articles have been published in such prestigious academic journals as the International Marketing Review, Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, Journal of Business Venturing, Journal of Product Innovation Management, and Psychology & Marketing, among others.