Cloud Computing Technology Seminar
September 24, 2010, 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Cloud computing is the new Information Technology delivery model that reduces total costs of ownership, making it an attractive investment for corporations and a high-growth career option.
According to International Data Corporation (IDC), "$17 billion has already been invested in cloud technology services and another $44 billion will be spent by the end of 2013." The Wall Street Journal reported that business spending is soaring on internet plumbing, such as servers that support cloud computing platforms. According to Erich Clementi, General Manager, Enterprise Initiatives, IBM, "Enterprise clients need economically compelling solutions that help them run their businesses in smarter ways, while never taking their eyes off of security, resiliency and compliance."
Attend this seminar and hear industry speakers discuss how they are delivering and using cloud computing technologies. Learn about the surge of job opportunities available in cloud computing.
Speakers and Panel Members
- Chris Tsouris, Strategic Computing
- Joshua Elson, FluentStreem
- Jeffrey Wilshire, IBM
- Mike Fontaine, Hosting.com
- Chas Bollow, Colorado Staffing and Solutions
Date and time
- September 24, 2010
- 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- University of Colorado Denver
1200 Larimer Street
North Classroom 1130
Denver, CO 80217
- Free to University Students
- $25 fee for RMIMA and AITP Members
- $50 fee for Non-Members
- 1:00 – 1:30 Registration & Networking
- 1:30 – 2:30 Overview of Cloud Computing Technology
- 2:30 – 3:30 Security Best Practices
- 3:30 – 3:45 Break
- 3:45 – 5:30 Panel discussion by industry speakers
- Republic Parking (3 locations): $10 per day, enter on Larimer, right turn into parking lot before Speer. $8 per day, enter on Speer, left turn into parking lot after Larimer. $8 per day, enter on Market, corner of Speer and Market.
- Standard Parking $10 per day Corner of 15th and Larimer.
- Performing Arts Parking $10 per day, corner of Speer and Champa St., enter on Speer.