Professor of Accounting
- Professor, University of Colorado at Denver, 1993-present
- Associate Professor, University of Colorado at Denver, 1985-1993
- Visiting Senior Lecturer, Murdoch University - Perth, Western Australia, 1990
- Assistant Professor, University of Colorado at Denver, 1983-1985
- Assistant Professor, Portland State University, 1981-1983
- Teaching Assistant, University of Massachusetts, 1977-1981
- Instructor of Accounting, Rider College, 1975-1977
- PhD, Accounting; Minor, Economics University of Massachusetts
- MS Accounting, SUNY-Albany
- BS Accounting, SUNY-Albany
Achievements and Honors
- Business School Outstanding Faculty Member Award, 1996
- Business School Outstanding Researcher, 1986
- “The Use of Expected Value in Pricing Judgments,” Co-authored with Gary Colbert and Rob Nieschwietz, Journal of Risk Research, March 2009.
- “Do State Accountancy Boards Diligently Exercise Their Disciplinary Powers?” Co-authored with Gary Colbert and Ronald Reed, The Journal of Applied Business Research, 2008.
- “The Supply-Side Effects of the 150-Hour Requirement for CPA Licensure,” Co-authored with John Jacob, Journal of Regulatory Economics, August 2006.
- “The Economic Theory of Regulation and Sunset Reviews of Public Accountancy Laws,” Research in Accounting Regulation, 2003 (with Gary Colbert)
- "State Accountancy Regulations, Audit Firm Size, and Auditor Quality: An Empirical Assessment,” Journal of Regulatory Economics, November 1999 (with Gary Colbert).
- "An Assessment of Recent Changes in the Uniform Accountancy Act," Accounting Horizons, March 1999 (with Gary Colbert).
- “The Association Between Auditor Quality and Auditor Size: An Analysis of Small CPA Firms,” Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, Spring 1998 (with Gary Colbert).
- “Note on Adjustments to Analysts’ Earnings Forecasts Based on Systematic Cross-sectional Components of Prior-period Errors,” Management Science, August 1995 (with Pieter T. Elgers and May H. Lo).
- “The Relative and Complementary Performance of Analyst and Security-Price Based Measures of Expected Earnings,” Journal of Accounting and Economics, 1992, Volume 5 (with Pieter Elgers).
- “A Within-Subjects Test of Expectancy Theory in a Public Accounting Environment,” Journal of Accounting Research, Fall 1986 (with Katherine B. Frazier).
- “Functional Fixation in Product Pricing: A Comparison of Individuals and Groups,” Accounting, Organizations and Society, 1984 (Robert Bloom and Pieter T. Elgers).
- “The Effects of Certain Research Design Choices on the Assessment of the Market’s Reaction to LIFO Changes: A Methodological Study,” Journal of Accounting Research, Spring 1983.
- “The Impact of the Choice of Market Index on the Empirical Evaluation of Accounting Risk Measures,” The Accounting Review, April 1982. Abstract published in The CFA Digest, Winter 1983 (with Pieter T. Elgers).