Thank you for your interest in the Curriculum & Instruction: Reading & Writing program at the University of Colorado Denver School of Education & Human Development.
If you're considered a non-resident student and are living outside the state of Colorado, there's a financial advantage to taking all of your CU Denver courses online. The discounted online rate is 120% of the resident rate. This amount is higher than the standard in-state tuition, but significantly lower than the non-resident tuition amount.
Fall Semester: July 1stSpring Semester: November 1stSummer Semester: April 1st
Step 1. Prepare your materials. The School of Education & Human Development accepts all applications online. Please review the information below to prepare for the application process. Your application will include:
- Current resume or curriculum vita. Please include all teaching and/or other educational certificates held and the state that issued them.
- Written Statement. See guidelines.
- Three letters of recommendation. Recommendations should not be more than two years old. The recommenders are sent an email with a link to the recommendation form. When a recommender submits the form, we receive an email notifying us that a recommendation has been submitted on your behalf. The recommendation includes a space for your recommender to cut and paste their recommendation.
- One official transcript from every previous college/university attended.
Please submit transcripts from (a) institutions granting previous degrees and (b) institutions from which courses have been taken that you wish to transfer into the program. Transcripts should be issued to you, collected by you and subsequently sent to the School of Education & Human Development in the original, unopened envelopes. Instructions on where to mail transcripts are provided in the application.
- Copy of Colorado teaching license
- The $50 application fee for domestic students ($75 application fee for international students) may be paid via credit card, e-check or by mailing in a check.
Step 2. Submit your application. Your application must be submitted online. First, set up your username and password to access the application. Once you have your username and password, you must select Curriculum and Instruction under the "field of study" drop down menu to apply to this program.
After you complete the new user registration, you will receive the following two emails from firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The first email contains your password for record and verification purposes.
- The second email contains your username for record and verification purposes.
Step 3. Monitor your email. All communication regarding the status of your application, questions we may have, as well as admissions decisions will be sent to the email address you provide to us. Applicants are notified approximately one month from the application regarding their admission decision.
Please note: The only items that we will accept as hard copies are official transcripts and paper checks. All other required materials must be submitted electronically within the online application.
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com