Thank you for your interest in the Curriculum & Instruction: Special Education program at the University of Colorado Denver School of Education & Human Development. We look forward to supporting you as you begin the process of applying to Graduate School!
This program accepts applications for every fall, spring, and summer term and offers a fully online option in addition to the on campus format. The next available fully online cohort will start in spring 2019. We recommended you submit your application at least four months prior to the start of the semester for which you are seeking admission. We strive to provide rolling decisions in which we communicate admissions decisions to applicants within two weeks of submitting a COMPLETE application. We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible. Early submission provides these added benefits:
- Time: Early submission ensures you have the time to complete your application for the selected term.
- Scholarship Opportunities: Early submission allows you to be considered for scholarship opportunities that may be available. Submitting your application early increases your chances of receiving a scholarship as most are distributed on a first-come-first serve basis to highly qualified applicants.
- Financial Aid: Early submission allows you sufficient time to complete any necessary financial aid documents.
- Life Planning: An early decision afford you more time for planning your academic, work, and personal schedule.
- University Engagement: An early decision creates an opportunity for you to have more time to learn about the University, become engaged with the School of Education & Human Development community, and connect with your Academic & Faculty advisors.
Fall (classes start approximately the third week of August*)-As a courtesy, applications received after June 1st will automatically be moved forward for spring consideration.
Spring (classes start approximately the third week of January*)-As a courtesy, applications received after December 1st will automatically be moved forward for summer consideration.
Summer(classes start approximately the first week of June*)-As a courtesy, applications received after April 1st will automatically be moved forward for fall consideration.
*Start dates may vary depending on course offerings and section numbers. Please see the Academic Calendar for exact dates.
Step 1: Prepare your materials:
- $50 application fee for domestic students, $75 application fee for international students (may be paid via credit card, e-check or by mailing in a check)
- Written Statement. See guidelines .
- A copy of your teaching license if applying for the Early Childhood Special Education Endorsement
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters should be from present or former employers, coworkers, etc. Recommendations should not be more than two years old. The recommenders are sent an email with a link to the recommendation form once you submit their information in the online application.
- One official transcript from every previous college/university attended.
Please submit transcripts from (a) institutions granting previous degrees and (b) institutions where courses have been taken that you were granted credit.. Transcripts must be issued to you, collected by you, and subsequently sent to the School of Education & Human Development in the original, unopened envelopes. Instructions on where to mail transcripts s provided in the application.
- Please note: the ONLY items that we will accept as hard copies are official transcripts and paper checks. All other required materials must be submitted electronically within the online application.
Step 2: Submit your application:
Step 3: Monitor your email:
- All communications regarding the status of your application, questions we may have, and admissions decisions will be sent to the email address provided with your application.
We understand that applying to Graduate School may be overwhelming. We are here to support you as you venture into this process! Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Physical Address: 1380 Lawrence St., Suite 701, Denver, CO 80217
Please note the following:
- Funding: All offers of funding, except awards from financial aid (if deferring, financial aid implications would need to be addressed specifically with financial aid), including but not limited to, grants, scholarships, Assistantships and stipends are applicable for the term for which applicants are admitted only. Should you defer your admission, there is no guarantee that funding originally presented upon initial admission will be available in a future semester. All funding is determined on an annual basis and no funding offer is automatically continued.
- Admissions decisions: All admissions decisions as made by faculty are final and cannot be appealed. You may reapply for a future term or other program.