Thank you for your interest in the Early Childhood Education program at the University of Colorado Denver School of Education & Human Development.
April 15 for fall semester
September 15 for spring semester*
February 15 for summer semester
*The online cohort only admits students every other spring. The next online cohort will begin in spring 2016.
Step 1. Prepare your materials. The School of Education & Human Development accepts all applications online. Please review the information below to prepare for the application process. Your application will include:
- Current resume or curriculum vita (please include all teaching and/or other educational certificates held and the state that issued them)
- Signed Oath and Consent Form
- Fingerprint Affidavit
- Documented experience with young children. Acceptable documentation includes:
-Description of relevant experience(s) in your written statement AND relevant work / volunteer experiences listed on your resume (with a description of the population served)
-Field experiences / practica / student teaching indicated on transcripts
- Written Statement. See guidelines.
- Three letters of recommendation for the MA program; two letters required for the Early Childhood Special Education Specialist endorsement only program. One of your letters of reference needs to be from someone who has supervised your experience with young children. The remaining letters should be from present or former employers, coworkers, etc. Recommendations should not be more than two years old. The recommenders are sent an email with a link to the recommendation form. When a recommender submits the form, we receive an email notifying us that a recommendation has been submitted on your behalf. The recommendation includes a space for your recommender to cut and paste their recommendation.
- Electronic copy of teaching certificate (if applicable)
- One official transcript from every previous college/university attended
Please submit transcripts from (a) institutions granting previous degrees and (b) institutions from which courses have been taken that you wish to transfer into the program. Transcripts should be issued to you, collected by you, and subsequently sent to the School of Education & Human Development in the original, unopened envelopes. Instructions on where to mail transcripts are provided in the application.
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE)/Miller Analogy Test (MAT) scores (if applicable)
GRE /MAT scores are not required for this program if your undergraduate GPA is greater than 2.75, if you have 24 hours of graduate level coursework (not post-baccalaureate) at 3.0 or above, or if you already hold a graduate degree. If you are taking the GRE, the code number for CU Denver is 4875. The scores will be sent electronically to CU Denver.
- $50 application fee for domestic students , $75 application fee for International Students (may be paid via credit card, e-check, or by mailing in a check)
Step 2. Submit your application. Your application must be submitted online. Please visit the link below to set up your user name and password to access the online application.
Once you complete the new user registration, you will receive the following two emails from firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The first email contains your password for record and verification purposes.
- The second email contains your username for record and verification purposes.
Step 3. Monitor your email. All communication regarding the status of your application, questions we may have, as well as admissions decisions will be sent to the email address you provide to us.
Please note: the ONLY items that we will accept as hard copies are official transcripts and paper checks. All other required materials must be submitted electronically within the online application.
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com