Thank you for your interest in the EdD program at the University of Colorado Denver School of Education & Human Development.
The EdD program begins every summer semester.
The deadline to apply is December 1st.
Step 1. Prepare your materials. The School of Education & Human Development accepts all applications online. Please review the information below to prepare for the application process. Your application will include:
- Current resume or curriculum vita — Applicants must have and show a minimum of five years of experience in an educational P-20 or community-based context.
- Written statement — Describe your background, career goals and reasons for applying to the program in 5-7 pages. Delineate a significant problem of practice or pressing question that you hope to explore through inquiry in this program, being sure to specify your preferred area of concentration. Provide a rationale as to why this problem or question is relevant to today's educational contexts. Also, describe and provide examples of the breadth and depth of your relevant P-20 or community-based educational leadership experiences, as they are an important factor in admission decisions. In addition, address how you will make time in your life to meet the time demands of the program (i.e. at least 15 hours of work per week outside of class.)
- Two or three professional artifacts — Include examples of your work that illuminate your leadership experiences within your most current and/or recent positions. Be sure to explain the role you played in the development of the artifact and the degree to which you were a primary or secondary contributor.
- Three letters of recommendation - Letters should be from coworkers, former professors, etc. Recommendations should not be more than two years old. The recommenders are sent an email with a link to the recommendation form. When a recommender submits the form, we receive an email notifying us that a recommendation has been submitted on your behalf. The recommendation includes a space for your recommender to cut and paste their recommendation.
- One official transcript from every previous college/university attended — Please submit transcripts from (a) institutions granting previous degrees and (b) institutions from which courses have been taken that you wish to transfer into the program. Transcripts should be issued to you, collected by you, and subsequently sent to the School of Education & Human Development in the original, unopened envelopes. Instructions on where to mail transcripts are provided in the application.
- Master's degree in education or related field. Students without appropriate master's level course work in P-20 or community-based education fields may be required to complete additional course work.
- We recommend a 3.2 GPA in graduate-level course work
- $50 application fee for domestic students, $75 application fee for international students (paid via credit card, e-check or by mailing in a check)
Step 2. Submit your application. Your application must be submitted online. Please visit the link below to set up your user name and password to access the online application.
Step 3. Monitor your email. All communication regarding the status of your application, questions we may have, as well as admissions decisions will be sent to the email address you provide to us.
Step 4. Scholarships. Now that you’ve applied to your program, please go to the Scholarship Portal to apply for scholarships! You will use the same credentials to log in as you used to apply.
Please note: The ONLY items that we will accept as hard copies are official transcripts and paper checks. All other required materials must be submitted electronically within the online application.
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com