Profile: Senior Consultant and Entrepreneur ●Renewable Energy● Systems Engineering ● New Business Development● Project Management ●International Operations ● Telecommunications ●Manufacturing Start-Up
- Proven success in executing complex technical projects
- Traveled extensively over 80 countries and cultivate ties with multinational partners
- Acquisitions, expansions and improvements in public infrastructure
- Strong entrepreneur and consultancy background in electrical power engineering, renewable systems development, various manufacturing, etc.
- Offer effective blend of analytical and “hands-on” skills together with in-depth expertise in planning, design, implementation and operations.
Astan Energy Solutions, Inc. President 2006 -2009
Quantum Energy, President, 2006-2008
WattsNext Resources, Ltd., Manager, 2007- 2008
WorldWater and Power Corp., Consultant, 2006
Solar Liberty Energy Systems Inc. Business Development Manager
- Provide technical and commercial consulting to manufacturers and service providers in the renewable energy field. Assist in all phases from component analysis and system design, to product marketing, project development, funding and integration.
- Solar Module manufacturing project developments: Prepared number of feasibility studies based on latest generation thin films technologies (CIGS and a-Si) for solar modules manufacturing.
- Engaged in several negotiations and presentations as part of projects funding in US and other countries.
- Proposed and negotiated on a number of utility scale solar power projects in US, Europe and in other countries.
- Prepared RFPs to Xcel Energy for 12+ projects, ranging in size from 218kW to 2MW including for Denver International Airport 2MW PV project.
- Expand business presence in the Western U.S and to international markets.
Equatorial Business Group, Corporate General Manager (CEO), 1993-2005
- Developed multiple businesses for private conglomerate active on four continents.
- Directed initial formation, ongoing operations or support for 15+ ventures. Full P&L responsibility for 7 companies.
- Directed initial formation and ongoing operations in Energy (conventional and renewable); manufacturing industries (Glass industry, Lamp industry, Pharmaceutical, etc); automotive (heavy mining machinery, construction machinery, utility and passenger vehicles), also introduced three-wheelers market for the first time to the lower market segment.
Ethiopian Telecommunications Authority, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (from Staff Engineer to Division Manager), 1982–1993
- Served in positions of increasing authority with state-owned telecom provider. Led efforts to improve system capabilities (e.g., digital voice/data exchanges, fiber optic communications) and to extend national telephone infrastructure.
- Board Director in a prominent financial institution; and engaged in many other professional and civic societies. Served as an expert during preparation of continental telecom infrastructure development lead by ITU (UN).
- Lead several international level business negotiations.
- IGERT/NSF PhD Candidate, Civil Engineering, CU Denver
- M.Eng'g., Sustainable Urban Infrastructure Design, CU Denver, 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, 1982, AAU
- Professional trainings which include: management, business strategy, decision-making, best practices; and technical hardware, software and telecommunications applications.
Representative Unpublished Papers:
Portfolio Modeling with Stochastic Water – Climate Interactions:
Implications for Co-Management of Water and Electric Utilities (An ongoing PhD dissertation project )
of Water Intensity Factors for Electric Power Generation: Implication for
Risk Assessment at the Water-Energy Nexus, ready to be submitted for EST
Water into Electricity Portfolio Model: A Case Study of Applying Markal/ TIMES
to a Municipal-Owned Utility: (publication paper to be submitted shortly
to Energy Policy)
Comparative Analysis of Cost of Water Saving
Strategies: Water Withdrawal Reduction at Power Plants and Water Conservations at
Municipal Water Demand Sectors: (A publication paper to be submitted to Energy
of Power Sector Portfolio Modeling at Sub-National Level in Both the
Developed and Developing countries Scenario (Masters report)