The School of Public Affairs Sustainbailibty Task Force seeks to acheive the following goals:
(1) The School of Public Affairs is an active participant in implementing the University of Colorado Denver’s 2010 Climate Action Plan
(2) We, the School of Public Affairs faculty, staff, and students, steadily improve our ability to “walk the talk” in the realm of sustainable environmental management; that is, to reflect in our individual and collective operational actions the principles of sustainable environmental management and policy we teach in our academic programs and pursue in our research endeavors.
The Sustainability Task force will accomplish these goals by encouraging and facilitiating the following activities:
(1) Gathering and posting information concerning sustainable organizational operations (on the Task Force pages within SPA’s Environmental Affairs Working Group website);
(2) Continuous monitoring of energy and materials flow through the school;
(3) Commissioning (and posting) research on how to improve SPA’s overall environmental performance with regard to the UCD Climate Action plan; and
(4) Hosting an ongoing SPA community constituent outreach and education program, focusing on best practices we as members of the SPA community can follow to achieve our environmental goals.
Policy Documents and Relevant Information Sources
(1) University of Colorado Denver’s 2010 Climate Action Plan (PDF)
(2) University of Colorado Denver's Facilities Management and Sustainability
1. McClutchey, Sean. Energy Consumption Reduction Through the Use of Thin Client Computer Networks. School of Public Affairs, MPA Capstone Seminar Project, Spring, 2010.
2. Ruth, Juliet. Greening the UCD School of Public Affairs. School of Public Affairs, MPA Capstone Seminar Project, Summer, 2010.