Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In

University of Colorado Denver

School of Public Affairs

International Student Web Links

As you browse this page, if you do not find what you need or have a link to something useful for international students to include on this page, please contact Scott Steinbrecher at

Public Affairs International Brochure


Office of International Affairs (OIA)
The Office of International Affairs houses International Admissions, Study-Abroad programs, and Visa/Immigration services as well as other information related to your time in the USA.

Office of Student Life

The Office of Student Life has over 70 student organizations and sponsors a number of campus events and programs. They also sponsor a number of programs under the category of Academic Support.

Health Insurance Information

The University has a mandatory health insurance plan for all international students in the non-immigrant visa categories of of F-1, J-1, and J-2. These students will automatically be enrolled in the student health insurance program. The fee is added to the tuition account each semester. All other international students with a the immigration status of H-1, H-4, TN, R-2 and PR that are taking 6 or more credit hours on an undergraduate basis or 3 or more credit hours on a graduate basis will be allowed to voluntarily enroll on the plan. The enrollment form must be completed by the deadline date and submitted to the Student Health Insurance Office located in the Tivoli 303.

 Learning Resources Center

The Learning Resources Center (LRC) is designed to promote student success, retention, and graduation in the academic setting. Services are available to all University of Colorado Denver undergraduate and graduate students.

Writing Center

In the Writing Center, trained graduate and undergraduate consultants offer help with writing of all kinds, including essays, proposals, dissertations, resumes, and scholarship applications

Campus Counseling Center

The CU Denver Student and Community Counseling Center provides
mental health counseling services to the CU Denver student body
as well as the Denver Metro community

Campus Ombuds Office

The Ombuds Office is a resource available to all members of the University community to provide informal conflict resolution. The Ombuds Office provides a forum for prompt, impartial and confidential discussion for individuals to review options for informal resolutions of differences. The primary goal of the Ombudsperson is to ensure that employees and students receive fair and equitable treatment. The Ombuds Office provides confidential and independent services to the University community.

Auraria Library

A library on each campus, Auraria Library on the Denver Campus and the Health Sciences Library on the Anschutz Medical Campus: each serves the local population of students, staff and faculty. Top-rated customer service and state-of-the-art technology facilitates information access in support of discovery, learning and research. Questions are answered in person and real-time, online or by telephone.

External Organizations

Spring International Language Center

Spring International Language Center is a professional, academic organization providing intensive English and cross-cultural education to international students.  As an institution, we strive for excellence in an environment which treats faculty, staff and students with respect.  We attempt to understand and appreciate the students' cultural differences and to enhance their ability to function effectively in a new culture.  We believe in encouraging the language acquisition and personal progress of students in an atmosphere of support, openness, and understanding. | Physical Address: 1380 Lawrence St., Ste. 500  Denver, CO  80204 | Mailing Address: University of Colorado Denver, SPA, Campus Box 142, P.O. Box 173364, Denver, CO 80217-3364 | ph: 303.315.2228 | fax: 303.315.2229 | SPA Website Feedback

© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.