- Over 125 leaders, managers, or advocates in the movement to end violence against women have enrolled in the Center’s academic flagship initiative, the Program on Domestic Violence.
- The Center’s Community Education Series has trained almost 3000 advocates, service providers and policy makers in Colorado since 2001.
- The Center’s END Violence Program reaches 28 public schools in Colorado representing over 10,000 students with the goal of enhancing the capacity of schools to successfully identify and respond to the needs of children who witness violence in the home.
- With funding from the Department of Justice, in 2009 the Center launched the first domestic violence victim services and prevention program on the Auraria Campus, Colorado’s largest college campus serving 52,000 students, faculty, and staff.
- In 2008, the Center won the prestigious Celebrating Solutions Award from the Mary Byron Foundation. The award recognizes innovative efforts in addressing the root causes of violence against women
- In partnership with Kaiser Permanente, in 2008 the Center held the Colorado Regional Conference on the Health Care Response to Domestic Violence, which drew attendees from across the nation and distinguished presenters in the field.
- Faculty affiliated with the Center have produced several ground-breaking studies on violence against women that have been published in national journals.
- Over 550 academic researchers and practitioners have jointly participated in workshops and symposia organized by the Center to mutually inform each other of evidence-based research.
- The Center’s academic programs have twice been expanded to include additional disciplines - the programs now serve students pursuing coursework in public administration, criminal justice and health care.
firstname.lastname@example.org | Physical Address: 1380 Lawrence St., Ste. 500 Denver, CO 80204 | Mailing Address: University of Colorado Denver, SPA, Campus Box 142, P.O. Box 173364, Denver, CO 80217-3364 | ph: 303.315.2228 | fax: 303.315.2229 | webmaster