Interested in starting classes right away?
Missed the application deadline?
Looking to complete a graduate certificate rather than a degree?
If so, you may register for a course(s) as a non-degree seeking student. It is fast, easy and a great way to get started on the path to advance your career!
- Deadline: Students may apply for non-degree status until the first day of classes for the semester or until classes are filled. See the academic calendar for semester start dates.
- Non-degree Application
- A $50.00 non-refundable application fee is required. Non- degree status students pay graduate tuition rates.
- One copy of your undergraduate transcript. Please send these documents to Attention: Dawn Savage (if your last name begins with A – L) or Antoinette Sandoval (if you last name begins with M – Z).
Please send all materials to: School of Public Affairs, Campus Box 142, PO Box 173364 Denver, CO 80217.
Please note: Non-degree students are not eligible for Financial Aid, most scholarships, or tuition assistance.
Up to 9 credit hours taken under non-degree status may be applied toward the Master of Public Administration (MPA) or the Master of Criminal Justice (MCJ). It is important that non-degree students move forward in a timely manner to complete their applications for admission as degree students.
Preferred deadlines for degree-seeking status within our Master's level programs are:
- March 15th for Fall & Summer semesters
- October 15th for Spring semester
It is necessary to avoid exceeding the 9-hour limit for credit as a non-degree student.
Careful selection of courses can speed your progress toward a graduate degree. Degree students are assigned advisors when they are admitted to the program. Non-degree students may contact the SPA at 303-315-2228 for advising.
Students who complete a certificate and later enter the MPA or MCJ program may count all credits toward the respective degree.
Questions about Course Selection?