Each year, our organization distributes grants to support innovative projects that promote worker health, safety and productivity. We fund pilot research projects, which enhance our scientific knowledge about OESH topics ranging from air sampling techniques to agricultural injuries. We also fund pilot research to practice (r2p) projects that apply scientific knowledge to real world problems.
Areas of Emphasis
While we welcome proposals on any topic that can promote worker health, safety and productivity in our region, we encourage proposals related to the following emphasis areas:
- Native American communities of the mountain & plains region
- Hispanic and Latino communities in the mountain & plains region
- The occupational and environmental health and safety implications of energy production, generation, distribution and use
- Small businesses
- Surveillance of diseases and injuries related to OESH exposures
- Projects that evaluate the cost-effectiveness of OESH interventions
Questions about "research" versus "r2p"? Just ask.
"Research" and "research to practice" are not always distinct from one another. If you are applying to our grant program and you think your project might fit into both categories, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also learn more about NIOSH's Research to Practice Initiative here: http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/r2p/
Applications for 2012
- CLOSED -
Examples of Previous Pilot Projects