Who We Are
The Department of Biostatistics and Informatics Colorado Biostatistics Consortium is an umbrella organization for the biostatistics consulting activities of the Anschutz Medical Campus, its affiliates and the surrounding community and creates synergies and partnerships with other biostatistics resources and groups on campus.
Strive for excellence in health, education, research, and community outreach for the state of Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region through biostatistical collaboration and innovation.
To achieve scientific excellence by:
- fostering the understanding and implementation of biostatistical principles;
- providing reliable biostatistical expertise from research design to dissemination;
- building collaborative institutional and community partnerships;
- training the next generation of collaborative biostatisticians through practice based learning;
- advancing research through validation and development of new statistical approaches.
The CBC has the following goals for achieving its Vision and carrying out its Mission:
- Maintain adequate capacity to provide biostatistics support in a timely manner and have biostatisticians able to develop new collaborative relationships.
- Maintain adequate expertise to meet and anticipate the new biostatistics needs of a cutting edge research institution.
- Provide consistent communication through the life cycle of a research project.
- Produce biostatistics research that meets the standards of reproducible research.
- To generate new knowledge by applying new statistical techniques as appropriate and developing new statistical approaches as needed.