- Skin Cancer Prevention - Tanning
- Evidence-based Dermatology
- Health Informatics
- Medical Training
Supervises and mentors 2-3 preventive medicine residents each year during clinical preventive medicine rotations at the VA Medical Center.
Current Research Projects:
- Department of Veterans Affairs Health Services Research and Development Center: Colorado REAP to Improve Care Coordination for Veterans (CRICC), (7/06-6/11, Co-Investigator): The grant will support researchers who have successfully mentored junior faculty and led projects on multiple facets of care and coordination in diverse veteran populations. The grant will foster developing and testing interventions to assure high quality, safe care coordination.
- Local PI for Department of Veterans Affairs Cooperative Study #562: The VA Keratinocyte Carcinoma Chemoprevention Trial. The trial is a randomized, placebo-controlled trial of topical 5-fluorouracil for the prevention of skin cancer in veterans who have had at least two skin cancers in the last 5 years. The study will enroll 1000 patients nationwide at 12 VA Medical Centers and will enroll 100 patients from the Denver VA Medical Center. The Denver VA Study Coordinator is Nancy Boyd, RN (ph. 303-399-8020 x3514).
- University of California Los Angeles, BA & MA, Philosophy, 1981-1986
- University of Chicago, PhD, Molecular Genetics & Cell Biology, 1993
- University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, MD, 1996
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, MSPH, 2004
- Medical Informatics MBL/NLM Course Fellow - Marine Biological Laboratory Woods Hole, MA. Certificate, Fall Course, 2005