To apply for admission to the Colorado School of Public Health (CSPH) doctor of philosophy program, applicants are required to complete the online Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) application.
Application Deadline: February 1
- A bachelor’s and master's degree from an accredited institution in a related field (i.e. public health, epidemiology, biostatistic, health sciences, nursing, etc.).
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA in undergraduate coursework and any subsequent academic coursework. If the GPA is below a 3.0, applicant should include an explanation of why it fell below a 3.0 and how the applicant plans to address any prior academic deficiencies as a graduate student. Students admitted to the MPH program with an undergraduate GPA below a 3.0 will be admitted on a provisional basis.
- Prerequisite coursework completed at or above the undergraduate level: Calculus I & II, prior course work in upper division biological sciences (3000/4000 level), and prior course work in epidemiology and public health*.
- Official GRE scores - GRE Code: 7844 - While we do not currently have a minimum score requirement, the average scores of the accepted applicants for the Fall 2013 semester were: 153.5 Quantitative and 155.8 Verbal. The MCAT may be substituted for the GRE.
- An essay that addresses career goals and purpose for study, approximately two pages, single spaced in length. The essay should describe past experience as it relates to the applicant’s interest in public health, career goals, purpose for applying to the program, and how the program will serve future goals. Please also identify a faculty member whose research interests align with your own.
- Completed applications and submitted documentation including essay, CV/resume, test scores, 1 copy of all academic transcripts, 4 letters of recommendation and demonstrated coursework in calculus I and calculus II.
*Prior coursework will have to be approved by the Program Director. Students without sufficient epidemiology, public health or biological training may be accepted into the program contingent upon the completion of specified science courses prior to matriction or within an approved period of time after admissions.
Admissions Process and Instructions
To apply for admission to the Colorado School of Public Health master of public health program, applicants are required to complete the online Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) application.* International applicants must also complete the requirements outlined in our International Admissions process.
SOPHAS Mailing and Contact Information
SOPHAS | P.O. Box 911 | Watertown, MA 02471
617.612.2090 | http://www.sophas.org