Step 1 | SOPHAS Application
The SOPHAS application may take you several hours to complete, so it is best to prepare your information in advance and set aside time to complete the process. You will be required to complete the following information or submit the following items:
- Applicant Information
- Additional Information
- Academic History [Tests (CSPH School of Public Health GRE Code: 7844); Colleges and Universities attended; Coursework; and Curriculum Vitae/Resume]
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
- References (4 letters of recommendation)
- School Designation
- SOPHAS application fee (your fee amount will vary depending upon the number of schools to which you apply)
Designating Desired Degree/Concentration and Second Choice
SOPHAS contains a section, "School Designations". You will use this section to declare the campus (program) and area of concentration you wish to apply to, as well as your second choice.
- Click on "Update Designations" in the top left hand corner of the screen.
- Choose "Colorado School of Public Health" from the first drop down menu.
- Next, choose the campus and concentration you would like to elect for your first choice from the second drop down menu.
- Click the "search" button. Select the program and click "submit".
- You will repeat this process to indicate your second choice campus and concentration. You will have the opportunity to rank concentrations on SOPHAS.
TOEFL: Submit official TOEFL Scores. Applicants whose native language is not English or who have not earned a degree in the United States must submit TOEFL scores earned within two years preceding the desired term of entry. Minimum score required: 550-paper; 213-computer; 80-Internet. SOPHAS TOEFL code: 5688
TOEFL alternatives: IELTS score of 6.5 is accepted in lieu of TOEFL. International students may also waive the TOEFL requirement by successfully completing the ESL academy.
Transcripts: Transcripts from non-US institutions need to be verified by the World Education Services (WES) and sent directly to SOPHAS. A course-by-course transcript evaluation is required.
Financial Statement: Admitted international applicants must submit official proof of funding for at least one year of tuition, fees, and living expenses and an official request for I-20 form to CSPH.
Exceptions to Official Test Scores: completed graduate level degree from an accredited U.S. institution OR successful completion of the CSPH Certificate of Public Health Sciences program with a 3.0 or higher G.P.A.
Alternatives to the GRE: DAT, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or PCAT
Timeline: SOPHAS gathers all application materials and verifies documentation before releasing your application to CSPH. Your application materials must be received by SOPHAS by the application deadline. It may take SOPHAS 3-4 weeks to receive, process and verify your application and materials before releasing your materials to CSPH. For this reason, we recommend that you begin the application process well in advance of the application deadline.
Step 2 | Check Your Application Status Through SOPHAS
You should check the SOPHAS portal to ensure that all required documents have been received by SOPHAS and that your completed application has been sent to CSPH. Please note that it may take SOPHAS up to 3-4 weeks to process and send your SOPHAS application to CSPH.
Upon receiving your completed application and supporting documents, your application will be considered ready for review. Applicant review generally begins after the preferred deadline. Once a decision is made regarding your application status you will receive notification via email. Notifications are typically sent in mid-March.
SOPHAS Mailing and Contact Information
SOPHAS | P.O. Box 911 | Watertown, MA 02471
Colorado School of Public Health Mailing and Contact Information