To apply for admission to the Colorado School of Public Health (CSPH) doctor of philosophy program, applicants are required to complete the online Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) application.
Application Deadline: February 1
- A bachelor’s degree and master's degree in biostatistics, statistics or equivalent, or substantial coursework toward such a degree.
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA in undergraduate and graduate coursework. If the GPA is below a 3.0, applicant should include an explanation of why it fell below a 3.0 and how the applicant plans to address any prior academic deficiencies as a graduate student. Students admitted to the MPH program with an undergraduate GPA below a 3.0 will be admitted on a provisional basis.
- Prerequisite coursework completed at or above the undergraduate level: 1 semester of college level calculus.
- Official GRE or MCAT scores* - GRE Code: 7844 - While we do not currently have a minimum score requirement, the average scores of the accepted applicants for the Fall 2013 semester were: 153.5 Quantitative and 155.8 Verbal.
- An essay that addresses career goals and purpose for study, approximately two pages, single spaced in length. The essay should describe past experience as it relates to the applicant’s interest in public health, career goals, purpose for applying to the program, and how the program will serve future goals. Please also identify a faculty member whose research interests align with your own.
- Completed applications and submitted documentation including essay, CV/resume, test scores, 1 copy of all academic transcripts, 4 letters of recommendation and demonstrated math course work through integral calculus.
*If the applicant holds a graduate level degree from an accredited U.S. institution, the GRE may be waived.
Admissions Process and Instructions
To apply for admission to the Colorado School of Public Health master of public health program, applicants are required to complete the online Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) application.* International applicants must also complete the requirements outlined in our International Admissions process.
SOPHAS Mailing and Contact Information
SOPHAS | P.O. Box 911 | Watertown, MA 02471
617.612.2090 | http://www.sophas.org