- Development of statistical methodology for the design and analysis of longitudinal studies with random and non-random missing data.
- Design and application of statistical methods in clinical research with particular interest in the patient reported outcomes of disease and its treatment.
- BIOS7713: Statistical Methods for Missing Data
- DrPH in Biostatistics, University of North Carolina, 1984
- MSPH in Biostatistics, University of North Carolina, 1980
- MS in Biochemistry, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, 1975
- BS in Chemistry, Bucknell University, 1973
What makes you passionate about or interested in biostatistics?
When I was young, I loved to read about medical researchers who were essentially detectives (Louis Pasteur, Madame Curie, Frederick Banting/Charles Best, Walter Reed, etc.). As a biostatistician, I am continually learning about new things and solving mysteries, so my work is always stimulating.