The Public Health Academy (PHA) is designed to expand students’ knowledge of public health in the areas of health promotion, population-based intervention strategies, and disease prevention. Through hands-on learning and group mentoring, we will support academic achievement as well as public health career awareness. The mission is to enable students of color to explore, pursue and advance in public health professions, to create a more diverse public health workforce better able to serve Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region.
Apply to attend our program where students will:
- Engage in public health activities in the community
- Meet public health professionals
- Learn more about the role of public health in promoting and advocating for the health of your community and the world.
Who is eligible? Students from traditionally underrepresented groups in health professions who are in:
- An undergraduate program with a minimum 3.0 GPA, or
- High school with a minimum 2.5 GPA
When? Summer 2013
- Undergraduate Students | July 15 - August 2
- High School Students | July 22 - August 2
How do I apply?
Download the 2013 high school student application*
Download the 2013 undergraduate student application*
*If the application requests an authentication or login information, hit "Cancel" twice and you will access the file.