Atousa Plaseied is research faculty in the Department of Mechanical Engineering who focuses on biomaterials. Her current research is in the areas of microbial fuel cells and dental materials.
Current research projects in biomaterials include the following:
- Co-Principal Investigator (Dr. Jeffrey Stansbury, PI), Development of Dual-Filled Composite Materials, Confi-Dental Products/Septodont, $80,000, June 1, 2009 - May 31, 2010.
- Co-Principal Investigator (Dr. Peter Jenkins, PI), High yield hydrogen production in microbial electrolysis cells using carbon nanofiber electrodes, Office of Naval Research (ONR), $450,000, July 1, 2009 - June 30, 2012.
Atousa Plaseied, PhD
Research Assistant Professor
Web site: http://carbon.ucdenver.edu/~aplaseie/
- Nanoscale characterization of materials
- Nanomechanics of materials and structures
- Biomaterials (orthopedics and dental applications)
- Sports engineering
- Fuel cells
- Corrosion and protection of materials
Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
- MECH 3024 – Introduction to Materials Science
- MECH 5238 – Introduction to Sports Engineering
For complete, up-to-date course descriptions, visit the CU Denver academic catalog and search for the course numbers listed above.