Skip to main content
Sign In

University of Colorado Denver College of Liberal Arts and Sciences

CLAS Advising

College of Liberal Arts and Sciences

Teacher Licensure Advising

If you are interested in earning your teaching licensure*, you should meet with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) undergraduate education advisor, Stephanie Hamington, as soon as possible. Call the CLAS office at 303-556-2555 to set up an appointment.

UC Denver does not currently offer a bachelor's degree specifically in Education, but you can complete a major in CLAS (see below) at the same time as your teaching licensure through the unique Urban Community Teacher Education (UCTE) program offered by the School of Education. 

To complete the UCTE program, you would work with Stephanie throughout your career, both to apply to the School of Education and to complete your undergraduate degree requirements. A four-year graduation plan is possible, but only if you enter the education program early in your college career

The UCTE program is currently available for the following eight majors​: 

*If you already have a bachelor’s degree and want to teach, at UC Denver you would pursue your teaching licensure at the graduate level. For more information see the School of Education and Human Development’s licensing programs site.