The following sites are maintained as organized indices of related web sites pertaining to medicine. This is a good place to start if you have an idea of what it is you want to find. Using search engines can take a long time. Each of these has a large number of links to other sites.
These are some links that may be helpful for other types of information.
Here is some contact information about various scholarship and grant programs, some of which will work for several different health professions, some of which are specific for some health careers. Please READ CAREFULLY!
- The Physician Assistant Foundation; offers competitive scholarships for students currently attending CAAHEP-accredited PA programs and have completed at least one semester of an accredited PA program. In addition, you must be a student member of the AAPA. For an application or more information write to the Foundation at 950 N. Washington Street, Alexandria VA, 22314-1552. Their phone number is 703-836-2272 ext. 3113.
- The United States Navy Health Services Collegiate Program (HSCP) - This program is designed to provide financial incentives for college students in designated health care professions while completing baccalaureate degree requirements. For more information, call 1-800-USA-NAV Y.
- Indian Health Service - This program provides scholarships for students enrolled in health professions and allied health professions programs. For more information call 301-443-6197
- National Health Service Corps Programs - recruits health care professionals for communities that lack adequate access to primary care services. The NHSC is vitally interested in providing exceptional preclinical, clinical, and postgraduate experiences as well as financial assistance programs for health care professionals. for more information call 800-221-9393.
- Americorp - This is a national service program that helps pay for education in exchange for years of service. For more information call 800-942-2677.
- AAMC- Although the American Association of Medical Colleges does not itself deal with loans, it has a great web page with more information specific to medical school.