- Complete application form or apply online.
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two must be from academic/professional sources). Click here to access the recommendation form.
- One copy of official transcripts from all schools where BA and graduate credit hours were taken.
- Statement of purpose and goal of graduate study (Part 2, Question 6 on application).
- Writing sample (click here for criteria).
- Optional: GRE score may be submitted to aid application file.
- International students: TOEFL score must be a minimum of 525. Please contact International Education for additional requirements and an International Student Application.
Application deadline is March 1, 2013. New MA students are accepted for fall admission only.
Is There Financial Aid For Graduate Students?
The Department of Sociology has some teaching assistant positions available for current MA students. The Department Chair, after consulting with faculty, will determine which students qualify to be teaching assistants.
Tuition assistance and financial aid information can be found in the financial aid office.