Application Deadline NEXT APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 15, 2017!
New Sociology MA students are accepted for Fall admission only.
- Complete application form online.
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two must be from academic/professional sources). Download letter of recommendation form here.
- One copy of official transcripts from all schools where BA and graduate credit hours were taken.
- Statement of purpose and goal of graduate study (Part 2, Question 6 on application).
- Writing sample (click here for criteria).
- Optional: GRE score not required, but may be submitted to aid application file.
- International students: TOEFL score must be a minimum of 525. Please contact International Education for additional requirements and an International Student Application.
Is There Financial Aid For Graduate Students?
The Department of Sociology has some teaching assistant and research assistant positions available for MA students. The Department Chair, after consulting with faculty, will determine which students qualify to be teaching and research assistants.
Tuition assistance and financial aid information can be found in the financial aid office.