For this new direction of the club, we want to stress the exploratory, open-ended side of philosophy. Every conversation ought to be an opportunity - a way to discover and discuss more. We encourage all participants to bring any questions or papers they might want to discuss. Social or political, metaphysical or psychological, introductory or graduate-level - we should all delve into whatever forms of philosophy strike our fancies. And we should hopefully all be introduced to some new stuff, too.
Along with this more casual, exploratory goal comes another one. We want all members to feel free to use the meeting time as a work shopping space. Bring ideas to bounce, papers for others to read, and presentations to practice and get notes on. All Auraria students and faculty members are welcome (and encouraged!) to attend. Visit the UCD Philosophy Club on Facebook to find updated information on meetings and events, and to join the philosophical discussions!
The Philosophy Club is now accepting presenters for the Spring 2014 semester! All philosophical topcis are welcome, and presentations should last from 45 minutes to an hour. Presentations can be formal paper presentations, informal topic discussion, or a combination of both. Anyone who would like to participate, please e-mail Adam Blair at the email address provided below.
- President: Adam Blair
- Vice President: Ben Hillin
- Treasurer: Svetlana Yefimenko
- Faculty Sponsor: Dr. Sarah Tyson
Club Meeting Schedule: Mondays at 4:00 PM in Plaza Building, Room 125.
- March 31: Everyday Topics: The Importance of Neuroethics, by Miriam Sarwana
- April 14: Paper Workshop & Open Forum
- April 21: Everyday Topics: Kierkegaard, by Svetlana Yefimenko
- April 28: Student Paper Presentations
- (TBA) Everyday Topics: Homelessness, by Ben Hillen and Adam Blair