UCD Philosophy Department News
- Boram Jeong (Ph.D. Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, USA/ Ph.D. Université Paris VIII Vincennes-Saint-Denis, Paris, France-Philosophy, under a dual-degree agreement) joined the faculty as Assistant Professor in Fall 2017. Boram works on 19th-20th Century Continental Philosophy, Contemporary French Philosophy, and Social and Political Philosophy. Welcome, Boram!
- Candice Shelby Published a book, Addiction: A Philosophical Perspective (Palgrave Macmillan, 2016). Candice has had two successful events at the Auraria Library (see here!) and Barnes and Noble (check out a video clip, here!), and she will have more lectures regarding her book throughout the year. Congratulations, Candice!
- Brian Lisle Receives promotion to Senior Instructor! Congratulations, Brian!
- David Hildebrand devotes his time this semester to teaching one section each of an eight-part certificate program. The certificate program, run through CU Denver's Graduate School, is being referred to as the "Mini School of the Humanities." The program is free and open to the public, and students who attend at least six lessons will receive an academic Certificate in Humanities. Dr. Hildebrand will teach "Objectivity and Neutrality in Contemporary Media." For more information, download the flyer: Mini-School_for_the_Humanities.pdf
- "Hildebrand gives multiple presentations in Scandinavia" (CU Newsroom, Jul. 2013).
- "Metcalf selected for institute and teaching in Italy this summer" (CLAS Pinnacle, May 2013).
- "Sarah Tyson: No easy choices in a philosopher’s work" (UCD Advocate, Feb. 2013).
- "Passion for knowledge triumphs over career-seeking," By Adam Blair, Philosophy Major and "inFocus" Editor for the UCD Advocate (UCD Advocate, Nov. 2012).
- Sarah Tyson (Ph.D. Vanderbilt University) joined the faculty as Assistant Professor in Fall 2012. Sarah works on Feminist Theory, Contemporary Continental Philosophy, and Social and Political Philosophy. Welcome, Sarah!
- "Metcalf named Co-Director of the Ancient Philosophy Society and led seminar in Italy" (CLAS Pinnacle, Sept. 2012).