Online Review Information
Do the online review before coming to the MERC Lab!
For home use and test preparation (MyMathTest/MMT portion):
- Click on the Pearson link:
- The default selections should be:
Book: University of Colorado-Denver Student Orientation; Chapter: 1. Student Orientation to MyMathTest [The Section & Objective items do not matter for this review.]
- Do the Chapter 1 stuff first. There are 18 easy exercises to orient you with the MMT testing engine. The course material here is NOT indicative of either assessment.
- If you are trying to qualify for College Algebra for Business (1070) or College Algebra (1110), then do the Chapter 2(Prep for Algebra) stuff. There are 49 comprehensive questions ranging from Beginning Algebra to Intermediate Algebra. If you have NOT completed a full-year course in Algebra 2 in high school, then you will find many of these questions very challenging. If you need help on a problem, then click on "Help me solve this" or "View an example". Both options provide learning assistance. If neither of these options seem to help you relearn the material, then you should probably
consider taking Intermediate Algebra (MAT 090) at a community college. The Pearson engine will allow you to practice the same question type with different numbers, so there's no excuse for not trying everything at least twice! ALL the material for the MMT assessment and almost all the material for the ALEKS assessment is contained in this review. The questions on the real assessments may be phrased differently, but the material is the same.
- If you are trying to qualify for Calculus I (1401), then do the Chapter 3 (Prep for Calculus) stuff instead. There are 83 comprehensive questions ranging from Intermediate Algebra to College Algebra to College Trigonometry. IF you have NOT successfully completed at least one of the following, then you should consider taking a lower class:
- High School Trigonometry (one semester)
- High School Precalculus (preferably two semesters)
- High School Math Analysis (should have completed 5 chapters of Trigonometry on
top of the Algebra 2 material)
- College Precalculus (MATH 1130 at UCD)
- College Trigonometry (MATH 1120 at UCD).
Even if you have a 27 on the ACT-MATH or a 620 on the SAT-MATH, we HIGHLY
encourage you to look over this material! All the trial options listed above apply to the Chapter 3 stuff also. Again, there's no excuse for not trying everything at least twice!