“Mt. Vernon Flask,” in Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness
- Pacific Overtures: America and the Nineteenth Century Trans-Pacific World of Goods
- ‘Unbecoming British: How Revolutionary America Became a Postcolonial Nation (In production, Oxford University Press, ISBN13: 978-0-19-539342-2)
- Globalizing American Studies, Brian Edwards, Dilip Gaonkar (eds.) with Donald Pease September 2010, University of Chicago Press, ISBN-13: 978-0226185071
- Multiple Entries: Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness (New Haven: Yale University Press, 2008, ISBN-13: 978-0300122893)
"Edward Savage’s Liberty,” (Double Entry) in Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness
"Bostonians,” (Double Entry) in Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness
"Chief Justice Marshall, Troy (Steamboat, Troy Line)” in Life Liberty and the Pursuit of
“Gardner and Fletcher Urn” in Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness
“Plate with a view of the Erie Canal, Aqueduct Bridge at Rochester” in Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness
- “Postcolonialism and Material Culture in the Early Republic,” William and Mary Quarterly 64, No. 2 (April 2007).
- “The Curious Career of Henry Moss: Race and Place in Post-Colonial America,” Commonplace: The Interactive Journal of Early American Life (Autumn 2003).
- “Eighteenth Century Religious Aesthetics,” Review of Quaker Aesthetics in Journal of Design History, Vol. 18, No. 1 (June 2005).
- “Oral Histories as Living Histories,” Amerasia Journal 28:3 (2002). “‘To Pursue the Steam to its Fountain’: Race, Inequality, and the Post-Colonial Exchange of Knowledge Across the Atlantic,” Explorations in Early American Culture: A Journal of MidAtlantic Studies, Volume 5 (2001):173-229.